BREAKING NEWS: Rob Caggiano quits Anthrax

Is it going to come out still?

Joey said this probably won't affect any projects currently underway/done. This lines up with a tweet from Scott over the weekend - someone asked him when the London DVD was coming out and he said not for a bit because they'd like to film more shows to add to it. So it's nice to hear the live stuff won't be scrapped because of a lineup change!

It doesn't make sense to scrap the second recordings of these covers just because Rob left and record them for a third time.

I wonder if Rob will still produce the band?

Joey said this probably won't affect any projects currently underway/done. This lines up with a tweet from Scott over the weekend - someone asked him when the London DVD was coming out and he said not for a bit because they'd like to film more shows to add to it. So it's nice to hear the live stuff won't be scrapped because of a lineup change!

so is there gonna be a DVD with shows with two different guitarists?

I checked out Dan Spitz's facebook yesterday and I'm 99% positive he's going back.

I checked out Dan Spitz's facebook yesterday and I'm 99% positive he's going back.

Not sure, nothing but well wishes to his friends & fans..But he sure retweeted alot about the matter.

Another thing to note is ANTHRAX is not having any try outs for the spot...might means that they already have a candidate in mind...or they are going the 4 man in a band route again.

PSS: http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/News/en-us/Rob-Caggiano-Leaves-Anthrax-0107-2013.aspx

a paragraph from the article goes like this:

So where to from here? Well judging by his Twitter stream, Dan Spitz seems to either be hinting that he's back, or is gunning pretty hard for the job. He's re-tweeted dozens of fan messages calling for his return. Virtuoso shredder Rusty Cooley is also keen for the job, tweeting to anyone and everyone connected with the band to ask how to lock down an audition.

Just watched few clips of the guy...I cant stand him..:ill::ill:

I saw a pic of Scott, Charlie and Jimmy Page. It would be so bizarre if he was the new guitarist (even for a few shows) and I wouldn't mind one bit.

The more time goes on I am hoping for Andreas Kisser. Reckon it'll be the looney midget though.

They better sort out a new guitarist soon. This just got booked.

530301_543041915708853_1848323335_n.jpg

At least, Rob and Anthrax parted their ways in a friendly manner, with mutual respect, so there will be no drama bullshit, no crying, no stupid rumors etc. I wish Rob all the best :kickass:

Good job, Jan. Shit's awesome. I watched it four times in a row and shared it on facebook. "Those money grabbing douchebags"...fucking brilliant, I guess even Scotty would have after watching it.

If Dan's coming back, that's pretty cool and fine with me. I have always been a huge fan of his trademark leads. Do I even have to say how ANTHRAX and how unique they are? This is the part of the classic Anthrax sound. I know that Spitz seems to be a very arrogant dude, his jesus-saved-me bullshit is more than annoying (actually, that's the thing that bothers me most) and his Red Lamb with this pathetic 3rd rate Mustaine wannabe behind the mic is not the best show of Danny's composing skills...but, hey! Thank Lucifer that Scott and Charlie aren't going to get some emo douchebag from one of the pop/metalcore bands they like so much.
Timmyc mentioned Andreas Kisser...when I think about it, it would be kinda cool too. First of all, he has already toured with theband, so knows what it's all about, and most importantly, he's such a talented guitarist and composer. His riffing and soloing on "Arise" is beyond awesome - some stylish shit! But I don't think he's joining Anthrax, since he has Sepultura and it's hard to believe he would abandon it.
Anyway, I'm not concerned about new guitar player... Now I care more about vocals. You see, I "love" and respect Joey, but since he lost that amazing power and technique he had 20 years ago, he sounds like an old, wailing fart. Sorry to say it, but that's the truth. It would be much better if had some aggression and anger attached to his voice...but he hasn't.
I really want John back. During the last 2 years my love and appreciation for his voice and work (also in Armored Saint) has strengthen and flourished. I dream about him singing on the new Anthrax album :worship: