Brett Favre calls it a day...

Thank God He's retiring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! I say that as a die hard Chicago Bears Fan! Hopefully everyone knows about The Packers/ Bears Rivalry.

In before the move to the lounge. LOL I had a feeling this was coming since Brett had been so quiet since the Packers were eliminated in the playoffs. The end of a Legend.

I will miss him greatly. I had the pleasure of see him play 7 times 3 in Lambeau. It makes me very sad actually because he was so amazing and such a presence on and off the field.

I've been a GB fan since I was a youngster .. needless to say I've seen or heard every single game the guy has played in as a Packer. It's tough to see him go, but all good things must come to an end. He'll be missed, but never forgotten .. he's an all-time great ... a living legend.

My guess is that Brett is going to be a bit different than a lot of high profile guys post retirement. I don't think he'll be heard from too much after this initial retirement swirl ends. I think the guy will be content to drive his tractor around his land in Mississippi, and keep a low profile outside of the camera's eye. We'll have to see on that ... as he can continue to make a bundle doing commercials, making appearances, and whatnot.

Britt

My hatred for the Packers and Farve is strictly NFL related, and I did not expect this news. He's no doubt one of the best QBs to play the game.
I think there will be a state of mourning today, here in Cheeseland.
(At least his last year had 2 losses to the Bears! Sorry Britt! :heh:)

Thank God He's retiring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! I say that as a die hard Chicago Bears Fan! Hopefully everyone knows about The Packers/ Bears Rivalry.

I agree... Farve sucks. Annoying Cry baby.

Vikings / (butt) Packers Rivalry!!!

Well, it's sad for us die-hard Packers fans but we all knew it was gonna end someday. Favre had an amazing career, and I hope he enjoys the hell out of retirement. I have a feeling we'll see his mug here and there (ads, etc). Hope his replacement is half the quarterback he is!

dont jump the gun, its favre we are talking about here. i wont believe it for sure until week 1 rolls around!

Favre was my favorite player and probably the only reason I was still watching the NFL. With this, I'm abandoning throwball for football entirely.

#4 FAVRE

:worship:worship::worship:worship::worship:

The Packers are the youngest team in the NFL. If Aaron Rodgers plays like he did in the Dallas game (even though GB lost) and they keep that young core together, the Patriots will no longer be the talk of the NFL in three to four years.

#4 FAVRE

:worship:worship::worship:worship::worship:

The Packers are the youngest team in the NFL. If Aaron Rodgers plays like he did in the Dallas game (even though GB lost) and they keep that young core together, the Patriots will no longer be the talk of the NFL in three to four years.

Just wait every time the Packers get really good for a season or two like half the starters leave the team.