OT: Reggie White Found Dead At 43

Walter_Langkowski

Neuroses Facilitator
This is pretty tragic for any football fans out there. I vividly remember seeing many a game where he destroyed the Chicago Bears offense. He must have been a really deep sleeper to have died of Sleep Apnea. Sad.

Reggie White, the former Green Bay Packer and Philadelphia Eagle defensive star, died today at the age of 43.

White, whose free-agent signing with the Packers in 1993 altered the NFL landscape, died of respiratory failure due to sleep apnea, according to White's widow, Sara. Sara White spoke this morning with Fox studio co-host James Brown.
White's arrival in Green Bay, orchestrated by then-general manager Ron Wolf, proved to be the main defensive ingredient, coupled with quarterback Brett Favre on offense, to the Packers' run to victory in Super Bowl XXXI. Green Bay was upset the following season, 1997, in the Super Bowl by the Denver Broncos.

White, whose NFL career began in Philadelphia, played six seasons in Green Bay. He came out of retirement in 2000 to play for the Carolina Panthers. He finished his NFL career with 198 quarterback sacks. He is the only NFL player to have recorded nine consecutive seasons of double-digit sack totals.

White, who technically will be eligible for Hall of Fame induction next year, is survived by his wife and two children.

I met him briefly in Seattle a number of years back. He signed my Eagles Card & Favre signed my Falcons Rookie. He was a big man, with what appears to have been an even bigger heart. He was soft spoken, like a gentle giant.
A hall of famer that will be in the first time around.
R.I.P. Minister of Defense-Reggie White