Raiders fire Turner after 4-12 season

DarbysDad said:
Personally I thought they either should've either posponed the game or at least play it at a neutral site like the did the Charger game a couple years ago.

You DO realize that a) all proceeds went to charity, and because of this, b) they needed to play the game in a place where it might come close to selling out, i.e. New York.

Yeah, I'm sure Giants @ Saints in bumfuck Kansas would've been a genius move.

MadeInNewJersey said:
You DO realize that a) all proceeds went to charity, and because of this, b) they needed to play the game in a place where it might come close to selling out, i.e. New York.

I don't give a rats ass about charity....And I guarantee if you asked The Saints they would've prefered to play neutral (And I have news for you there's alot more neutral places to play than Kansas) There was more than enough charitable organizers and organizations donating time and money to the relief.....They didn't have to screw the Saints, and that's all it was...one big screw job!!

I just cant believe The Saints fired Jim Hasslet. Even though they are in the same division as Panthers and the fact i could care less about the team,but give the guy a break he kept the team together after all that happened down there. That was a cruel move in my book.

MadeInNewJersey said:

Giants got a freebie and should feel lucky.

The leauge could have made up the difference if a game say in San Antonio didn't sell out - the NFL has more money than I could ever spend and could've opened up their checkbook just a little wider.

This will be my last post on the subject, but i felt i should correct some errors:

How are the Raiders old? You say they are old in every aspect of the game, but thats not even close to being true.

I know that was Dungys Bucs that won the SB, but the bucs in the playoffs are not Dungys Bucs. Gruden drastically cut down on the rebuilding, and got the Bucs back into the playoffs pretty fast.

DarbysDad said:
Giants got a freebie and should feel lucky.

The leauge could have made up the difference if a game say in San Antonio didn't sell out - the NFL has more money than I could ever spend and could've opened up their checkbook just a little wider.

Yeah, it's very easy for you to spend other people's money, eh? :lol:

Sure thing.

T_man357 said:
I don't give a rats ass about charity....And I guarantee if you asked The Saints they would've prefered to play neutral (And I have news for you there's alot more neutral places to play than Kansas) There was more than enough charitable organizers and organizations donating time and money to the relief.....They didn't have to screw the Saints, and that's all it was...one big screw job!!

You're delusional.

But thanks for letting us know you "don't give a rat's ass about charity." I'm sure the people of Louisiana & Mississippi appreciate your views on philanthropy.

MadeInNewJersey said:
You're delusional.

But thanks for letting us know you "don't give a rat's ass about charity." I'm sure the people of Louisiana & Mississippi appreciate your views on philanthropy.
Not a problem...Thanks for letting us know that you're ignorant to all football outside your N.Y. / N.J. Giants...After they lose this weekend the extra game won't mean a thing....WAKE UP!!!!

Delusional?? Right...DarbysDad said it right, Play the game neutral and let the NFL put up the rest of the cash (It's charity, it can be written off) But then your N.Y / N.J. Giants wouldn't have gotten the free home game and it would've been a little more fair to the displaced Saints.

H8Red said:
This will be my last post on the subject, but i felt i should correct some errors:

How are the Raiders old? You say they are old in every aspect of the game, but thats not even close to being true.

I know that was Dungys Bucs that won the SB, but the bucs in the playoffs are not Dungys Bucs. Gruden drastically cut down on the rebuilding, and got the Bucs back into the playoffs pretty fast.
If it's your last post on the subject I'm not going to bother pushing it any further...I was only talking about the Super Bowl team as "Dungy's Bucs"
But like I said....I don't need the last word, Hope I didn't bum you out / piss you off or whatever...It's just football talk. Happy New Year!!

T_man357 said:
Not a problem...Thanks for letting us know that you're ignorant to all football outside your N.Y. / N.J. Giants...After they lose this weekend the extra game won't mean a thing....WAKE UP!!!!

Delusional?? Right...DarbysDad said it right, Play the game neutral and let the NFL put up the rest of the cash (It's charity, it can be written off) But then your N.Y / N.J. Giants wouldn't have gotten the free home game and it would've been a little more fair to the displaced Saints.

I'm a Raiders fan, you fucking mope.

T_man357 said:
Dude, YOU'RE A JACKASS!!!! And it seems like I'm not the only one who recognizes it either

Wicked, well-thought out comeback.

And color me truly sad when several [read: mentally challenged] members of the Anthrax forum think I'm a jackass. Do you guys get a break from riding the short bus to come up with this stuff?

MadeInNewJersey said:
Wicked, well-thought out comeback.

And color me truly sad when several [read: mentally challenged] members of the Anthrax forum think I'm a jackass. Do you guys get a break from riding the short bus to come up with this stuff?
Oh you're just TOO COOL toughguy!!! Another winner hiding behind his keyboard saying the things in cyberspace you wouldn't dare say in reality!!!

All the while trying to pretend you're Einstein smart...You're a loser kid!!
Point blank and peroid...And I'm all done with you...Nothing will ever become of it...So the last words yours hero (pussies like you usually need it!!)

T_man357 said:
Oh you're just TOO COOL toughguy!!! Another winner hiding behind his keyboard saying the things in cyberspace you wouldn't dare say in reality!!!

All the while trying to pretend you're Einstein smart...You're a loser kid!!
Point blank and peroid...And I'm all done with you...Nothing will ever become of it...So the last words yours hero (pussies like you usually need it!!)

You took a G.E.D. at some point in the past few years, didn't you?

T_man357 said:
Weekend Winners.....
Just for fun and obviously opinion as I can't predict the future....Or can I :D

Saturday - Redskins (Too much Defense for Chris Simms)

Patriots (8pm Saturday night highs supposed to be in the teens
we're expecting serious snow on Fri...Too much for The Jags!!
oh yeah, And I think we're defending Super Bowl Champs or
something:D )

Sunday - Panthers (The Panthers have a better road record than home this year....Combine that with the fact that Eli Manning is not quite ready for Primetime and if you stop Tiki Barber you stop The Giants.....The Panthers ferocious "D" come up BIG)

Steelers (The Steelers are just playing better football...And after this win will go to Indy next week...Can't wait for that one!!! Have a feeling it will be more competitive this time around.)