Sapp A Raider...

SlappyWhitey

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
The biggest name remaining in free agency has been taken off the market thanks to a last-minute push by a fitting team.

SportsLine.com has learned that Warren Sapp has agreed to a seven-year $36.6 million deal with the Oakland Raiders.

"I'm a Raider," said Sapp when contacted on his cell phone. Sapp, however, would not elaborate on the terms of the deal or comment when the deal would be announced.

Sapp will receive a $7 million signing bonus. He earned $6.6 million last year in the final season of a six-year, $36 million contract he signed in 1998.

The Bengals had offered $16 million over four years with a signing bonus that exceeded $4 million. Sapp also had marginal interest from a few other teams.

Ravens star linebacker Ray Lewis and defensive coordinator Mike Nolan made a strong push to their front office to sign Sapp, but the perennial Pro Bowler said he wanted to have a new home by Monday morning.

Sapp awoke on Saturday morning to an offer from a team he has long stated he belonged with -- the Silver and Black. He joins Ted Washington, another veteran Pro Bowl defensive tackle, in the Raiders new defensive line under new head coach Norv Turner.

So now they have two fat defensive tackles that come out on passing downs. Sapp's better years are behind him. As his gut has grown his productivity has dwindled.

Rich

Yeah that sucks I was hoping he would sign with the Bengals. But this way I wont have to like him. He can play on the geriatrc squad and Dillon can go with him. They can all cry in the huddle about how underappreciated they are.

I love it, two of the games biggest mouthpieces, T. Owens, and Sapp, and they could only each get about two teams that were willing to pay what each guy thinks he's worth.