Brick By Brick gets PWNED by The Iron Maidens!!

CC007

Mar 5, 2012
Los Angeles,Ca
Good morning...yeah I said it...and I'll say it again...Brick By Brick got their asses kicked by The Maidens last night in San Diego!!!. WILD WILD WILD crowd, including one female fan named Nicole who's custom Iron Maiden shirt kept getting smaller and smaller as the night went on. So happy I made it down from L.A. for this show, the ladies killed this audience :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:. Great show; it's all I can say. Set list went like this...

ACES HIGH
22 ACACIA AVE
--------------------------
THE TROOPER
FEAR OF THE DARK
THE DUELLISTS
-------------------------
WASTED YEARS
INFINITE DREAMS
------------------------
ONLY THE GOOD DIE YOUNG
GENGHIS (THIS ROCKED!!)
------------------------
NUMBER OF THE BEAST
------------------------
MURDERS
FLASH OF THE BLADE
------------------------
HALLOWED BE THY NAME
PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
---------------------------
RUN TO THE HILLS

Stay tuned for video from last night, fantastic show.

I got my ass kicked too. Circle pits for the last two opening acts (Raise the Guns and Suicide Steel), took shots to the nuts and kidney. And then the Maidens came on and all hell broke loose! Security started to pull people out (hope anyone that got hurt is okay). I told my friend about it; he said "sounds scary, glad I did not go."

He missed out!
:headbang:

I got my ass kicked too. Circle pits for the last two opening acts (Raise the Guns and Suicide Steel), took shots to the nuts and kidney. And then the Maidens came on and all hell broke loose! Security started to pull people out (hope anyone that got hurt is okay). I told my friend about it; he said "sounds scary, glad I did not go."

He missed out!
:headbang:

Yeah, I was in the front for the first 5 songs. Got some great footage, but yeah then there were some schmucks who decided during the "The Trooper" to start moshing..uggh. I watched and filmed most from the side. I didn't know some got kicked out. Once they started with that jazz, my friend and got away from it. The Maidens themselves were fantastic...Nita did a lot of multitasking with Beer and shreadding on her guitar at the same time. They rocked it.

I was going to go down tonight. Thought the show was today.

Working my day job and side business takes all my time and apparently most brain cells.

Needed to get up at 5:00 AM to go to work today anyhow.

Jim

Yeah, I was in the front for the first 5 songs. Got some great footage, but yeah then there were some schmucks who decided during the "The Trooper" to start moshing..uggh. I watched and filmed most from the side. I didn't know some got kicked out. Once they started with that jazz, my friend and got away from it. The Maidens themselves were fantastic...Nita did a lot of multitasking with Beer and shreadding on her guitar at the same time. They rocked it.

You didn't enjoy that? That guy with the gray shirt had a lot of energy. I'm glad we were anything but a dead crowd!

Sorry you missed it, Spidey. Maidens were terrific.

Thanks for posting the set list, CC007! Yeah, that was definitely one of the most moshing-est crowds I've ever performed for. Back in the day, I used to go to a lot of speed metal/thrash shows, where a mosh pit was par for the course. But never at Maiden shows. So it's always interesting to me that people mosh at our shows but, hey, as long as everyone is happy then I'm happy, too. :D

You didn't enjoy that? That guy with the gray shirt had a lot of energy. I'm glad we were anything but a dead crowd!

Sorry you missed it, Spidey. Maidens were terrific.

Omg...no, no that crowd in S.D. was the shit!! :). I'd never seen any moshing at a Maidens show before. That guy in the grey shirt was insane *lol*. I loved it down there, but wow!. I'm glad I made it down, it was so worth it. Ms. Chickinson, my pleasure...I love you guys ;). Hope to see you next weekend for the "Battle...", I'll be jamming in Fountain Valley later that night.

Kirsten "Bruce Chickinson";10325176 said:
Thanks for posting the set list, CC007! Yeah, that was definitely one of the most moshing-est crowds I've ever performed for. Back in the day, I used to go to a lot of speed metal/thrash shows, where a mosh pit was par for the course. But never at Maiden shows. So it's always interesting to me that people mosh at our shows but, hey, as long as everyone is happy then I'm happy, too. :D

I expected moshing but not enough to where security was gonna start yanking people. Last concert I went to didn't have any (it was Sugarcult and it was back in my rock phase). I was also really glad to see metalheads looking out for one another and blocking off people that had fallen so that they didn't get trampled.

I'm darn bummed I missed "Hallowed Be Thy Name" though. If you guys play at Brick by Brick again, I'll be there (but late this time, I'm not gonna show up at 7 and get tired). I'm too old to be up all night. Also, I'll need to wear a cup.

I expected moshing but not enough to where security was gonna start yanking people. Last concert I went to didn't have any (it was Sugarcult and it was back in my rock phase). I was also really glad to see metalheads looking out for one another and blocking off people that had fallen so that they didn't get trampled.

I'm darn bummed I missed "Hallowed Be Thy Name" though. If you guys play at Brick by Brick again, I'll be there (but late this time, I'm not gonna show up at 7 and get tired). I'm too old to be up all night. Also, I'll need to wear a cup.

*curious* How many guys got yanked by security?. Everybody I met there was VERY cool, energetic. Great crowd.

Video's coming along...in the meantime...here's some screengrabs. If you think these are great...wait till you hear the music!!! :)

02c5e909.jpg

0b15a97d.jpg

9f1509ed.jpg

299db835.jpg

bbb169f7.jpg

39089708.jpg

70527aba.jpg

...."Umm..Court?...Craig's filming us now..." :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:
7da58614.jpg

9180ed23.jpg

3049adaf.jpg

I saw one person get pulled from the show and I haven't a clue why. I don't think anyone was deliberately trying to harm others. I know I got pushed into a security guy and that guy looked really pissed. There was an older guy there too that wasn't security but he looked like he wanted to kill everyone that wasn't stationary.

Those are great pictures! The 3rd one from the bottom is hilarious.

Nice video there CC007 however, and I'm not trying to be rude or anything, I don't like the edits with footage from other songs mixed in with the footage of the actual song. With live performance footage, I like to see the entire song as it's played. Like I say, I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, just giving you my honest opinion. Different if you have several cameras filming the same song, but I understand that you can't do that if it's just you. :)

Nice video there CC007 however, and I'm not trying to be rude or anything, I don't like the edits with footage from other songs mixed in with the footage of the actual song. With live performance footage, I like to see the entire song as it's played. Like I say, I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, just giving you my honest opinion. Different if you have several cameras filming the same song, but I understand that you can't do that if it's just you. :)

No harm, no foul...it's all good :). Yeah I hear ya...it's just me and a HD camcorder *lol*. Here's the thing, I wanna give the ladies as much individual camera time as possible. I'd heard in the past for example that Linda was hardly seen in news pieces, so I had to show some love :). I got the first like 4 songs in the front(with a mosh pit right behind me *lol*), that crowd was VERY energetic, they were LOVING the show. I met some cool people in the crowd that were great while I was shooting over their heads. From then on, I went to the side to get shots...there's even footage of "Maiden Girl" Nicole that I wanted to include. It was fun overall, I'm having a blast making these videos. :kickass::headbang::kickass::headbang:

No harm, no foul...it's all good :). Yeah I hear ya...it's just me and a HD camcorder *lol*. Here's the thing, I wanna give the ladies as much individual camera time as possible. I'd heard in the past for example that Linda was hardly seen in news pieces, so I had to show some love :). I got the first like 4 songs in the front(with a mosh pit right behind me *lol*), that crowd was VERY energetic, they were LOVING the show. I met some cool people in the crowd that were great while I was shooting over their heads. From then on, I went to the side to get shots...there's even footage of "Maiden Girl" Nicole that I wanted to include. It was fun overall, I'm having a blast making these videos. :kickass::headbang::kickass::headbang:

I know what you mean, just personally I like to see the whole song as it's performed. :) That's how I feel when I film my friend's band, but I usually try and get front and centre (or at the back) and then scroll from side to side on the guys. I always try and give them the same amount of screen time and focus on them wholly on their "stand out" parts.

The Galaxy (whatever it's called now) has a great vantage point from the balcony, meaning you can zoom on individual members or focus on one band member (including great views of Linda). I've seen some fantastic videos from that venue.

Glad you're having fun with it tho. :D