bring me the horizon #1 on australian music charts.

mmmatthew

Sep 1, 2010
Houston, †X
holy shit you aussies really like this band!

http://www.ariacharts.com.au/pages/charts_display.asp?chart=1G50

Thought it was worth posting about as it kind of blows my mind...Congrats to the Fredrik Nordstrom & the Studio Fredman team, and of course the band. Of course this band has plenty haters, and for yall, maybe you can see this as the well deserved success of a great group of scandinavian studio rats! either way... well done by all!

3600 sales makes you number one in Australia... I'm disappointed that cd sales are so low these days. But good on them!

I dont MIND this band, probably has something to do with my age hah. I do NOT agree with this being number one of anything though!

To think in the 19th century, girls were going ape shit over Franz Listz. And they were probably really awesome chicks too.
Liszt was a fucking classy looking dude too for his time.
Fast forward to 2010, and now we have a ton scene kid girls with their stupid hair colors, stupid facial piercings, 10000 kilograms of makeup on their face, writing poetry about how they miss their ex boyfriend/s and posting on facebook every 2 seconds so we can know every little detail about their life that go ape shit over this dude, Oli Sykes.
I go to his Facebook page and find this :

n13310764357_818510_448.jpg

I just don't get it really. You've got metalcore bands like KSE, that can walk on stage without all this ridiculous makeup and hair. Just look like normal dudes that go on stage to fucking rock. Occasionally Adam D will wear something wear, but it's cool because you know it's because he doesn't take himself seriously at all and doesn't have an ego.
Then you have bands like BMTH with a frontman that actually walks on stage looking like a complete tool. I can't tell if that guy is for real and actually takes that image he has seriously, or whether he is just one epic troll that exists to make guys like me fucking rage and go on angry rants.

I couldn't give 2 shits about the scenecore kids anymore, I'm over it, what I find really sad, is that people here rather buy over 3500 copies of some mediocre UK act instead of trying to support local music...

Yep! The lucky country indeed. Maybe this will make people realise why us Aussie people complain about our scene/ prices/ quality of about everything?

Running off to find the nearest medical textbook so I can some lyrics devoted to my dearest Oli Sykes

"An Ode to Oli's Entrails" I think I shall call it.

To think in the 19th century, girls were going ape shit over Franz Listz. And they were probably really awesome chicks too.
Liszt was a fucking classy looking dude too for his time.
Fast forward to 2010, and now we have a ton scene kid girls with their stupid hair colors, stupid facial piercings, 10000 kilograms of makeup on their face, writing poetry about how they miss their ex boyfriend/s and posting on facebook every 2 seconds so we can know every little detail about their life that go ape shit over this dude, Oli Sykes.
I go to his Facebook page and find this :

n13310764357_818510_448.jpg

I just don't get it really. You've got metalcore bands like KSE, that can walk on stage without all this ridiculous makeup and hair. Just look like normal dudes that go on stage to fucking rock. Occasionally Adam D will wear something wear, but it's cool because you know it's because he doesn't take himself seriously at all and doesn't have an ego.
Then you have bands like BMTH with a frontman that actually walks on stage looking like a complete tool. I can't tell if that guy is for real and actually takes that image he has seriously, or whether he is just one epic troll that exists to make guys like me fucking rage and go on angry rants.

Your post has nothing to do with sound of performence, just about looks.
That, to me seem kinda shallow.

I hated the mainstream alot in the past, now I gone over to hate the one's hating the mainsteam, cause that's the new mainstream in metal. if that makes any sense :p

It would be kind of shallow if it didn't fucking apply, and it does.
Music seems to be more of a fashion accessory than a tool for self expression these days, fucking weird.

3600.... wow.
either australia is smaller than I think, or the music industry has got it real bad there.

I guess this is partly due to the fact that Jona Weinhofen was/is a pretty prominent figure in the Australian scene, is it not?

But good on Studio Fredman, not a BMTH fan but the production of the last two albums has been awesome imo

Australia is big, but it only has a population of ~20M as it is not densily populated (12/sq km), which is about the same deal with Finland, where you can get to top 40 list with only 200 sold albums on a slow week like in January :devil:

A large chunk of the central landmass is uninhabitable. Only the coastal areas work for cities, and large concentrations of population.

But yes, the music industry here is dismal.