Britney Spears - Perfume Cover

Our Fallen Lords

BooBoo Monster
Oct 18, 2013
ON, Canada
Hey Guys,

So i got done doing something finally... i know the mix isn't great but i wanted to get something there and done, and the playing probably sucks i know... I'm no super guitarist or anything and it was way late... and computer problems and crashing and all sorts of crap happened... but this is the end result anyways!

http://youtu.be/gsYDc30F3hc

Hope it's bearable enough :)

Last edited by a moderator:
... i know the mix isn't great but i wanted to get something there and done, and the playing probably sucks i know... I'm no super guitarist or anything and it was way late... and computer problems and crashing and all sorts of crap happened... but this is the result!

You're quite the salesman :lol:

Haha, that put a smile on my face :D

I'm gonna listen this after I've driven home. :)

The guitar sound doesn't sink into this song. Drums are left a bit too quiet IMO - nice drum segments though!
Vox and keys etc sound very good (vox are original I presume :D ), just make the rest of the mix complement them more.

Not the worst mix I've heard, not at all! :)

A different guitar sound, better leveling and more accurate playing would make this a perfect cover. The song got stuck into my head :lol:

The guitar sound doesn't sink into this song. Drums are left a bit too quiet IMO - nice drum segments though!
Vox and keys etc sound very good (vox are original I presume :D ), just make the rest of the mix complement them more.

Not the worst mix I've heard, not at all! :)

A different guitar sound, better leveling and more accurate playing would make this a perfect cover. The song got stuck into my head :lol:

Thanks for the comments man! All helps me! :D

You got any recommendations for the Guitar tone? I can't seem to get a decent one... and the bass tone isn't gunna be great, mostly because the strings are months old!

But the guitar and strings are pretty new so those strings shouldn't be a problem.

I thought the drums were a bit quiet but was in the mood not to fix them :rofl:

Thanks again bud!

What do you use for guitars now, ampsims?Tubescreamer + TSE x50 with michrich's impulses is pretty great, can't really go wrong with that. :)

Just select a good ampsim (like the one I mentioned) and then search for good IR's.

Aye i'm using Peavey Revalver, with a 6505+ head and the michrich api57 cab impulse, some EQ and a small bit of compression. Should i add the tse 808 too?

I'll see what i can come up with in the next cover i do :)

Seems like you've EQ'd it a bit wrong. And yeah, the 808 might tighten it up a bit. :)

Okay so i did a new mix of it, Raised the drums and changed the EQ on the guitars, Added the TSE 808 and now it sounds a tad better (i think anyways)

Not perfect but better! :)

Last edited by a moderator: