Broken, Beat and Scarred Snare Trick

schismatic

Kintsugi is coming
Feb 18, 2007
Gloucester, UK
Afternoon guys,

Having listened to the remix of Broken, Beat and Scarred floating around made from Guitar Hero stems, it's clear the drum sound is different, possibly snare is triggered by sample with a touch of reverb. I'm aware that the stem with the rhythm track also contained the vocals - what I want to know is how the snare can be triggered when it may clash with the vocals in this scenario? How did the mystery engineer do it exactly? Some sort of aptrigga/Drumagog trick? Any suggestions cause it's a damn fine offering compared to the original on the cd.

I remember reading somewhere that he sampled the black album snare and kick on top of it.. let me check if i can dig it up somewhere.

As i remember, the article stated that the "mystery" producer added the new snare manualy, note per note.

Guess he got pro at it, recording lousy black metal drummers :loco::rolleyes:

well i'd suggest limiting the drum stem and mixing the snare in with a touch of verb to add the attack back thats missing off the stem cause its clipped. apparently.

I have to say, honestly, that now that I've heard the remixed version of the song, I actually like the song and honestly enjoy listening to it repeatedly. I hated it before. I didn't realize how much production influences my tastes these days, this has been very educational. I would buy the album if it all sounded like the remix. Hopefully all the stems will leak, and this guy remixes the whole record.

It also sounds like he added some more tasteful EQ and some reverb to the vocals. What a difference! I can totally get into the vocals now... I never thought I'd say that about Hetfield after the 80s.

I have to say, honestly, that now that I've heard the remixed version of the song, I actually like the song and honestly enjoy listening to it repeatedly. I hated it before. I didn't realize how much production influences my tastes these days, this has been very educational. I would buy the album if it all sounded like the remix. Hopefully all the stems will leak, and this guy remixes the whole record.

It also sounds like he added some more tasteful EQ and some reverb to the vocals. What a difference! I can totally get into the vocals now... I never thought I'd say that about Hetfield after the 80s.

'Zactly. Still doesn't forgive...alot...but the remixed song by itself is rather enjoyable.