broken cable effect

MetalSir

Nov 17, 2008
hi everybody..
i'm trying to obtain a particular effect.. like my track is passing trough a broken line cable.. you know.. crackle, random interrupt of the signal and so on..

someone can suggest me something to listen and how to get this effect? really tks a lot.. =)

yep, cut a 1/4" cable and fray the wires.

send it out of your interface and back in, and mess with the wires.

never tried it and this knowledge is based on absolutely nothing. but it sounds like it might possibly maybe do something, kind of.

use a broken cable? :D
lol ok.. i thought to this.. but i'm not searching for the noise itself.. this "broken calble effect" needs to affect a part of one of my song's.. so i have a song to affect with this effect.. ideas on how to do? =)

really tks a lot to all =)

Hmm.. Like others have said, maybe a broken cabel could do the trick..
You might also try to achieve the crackling/interruption with the input jack on your guitar.. messing with a tele-plug and just cutting the audio when you think it sounds like it should be interrupted.. or just cut the crackling/noises you've recorded and put them where it sounds like it should be cut..
Maybe even use bitreduction on those places as well..

do you think that i can make the effect just plugging a cable in my amp (set to max distortion) and touching the tip of the jack? then i think that i'd cut before and after the noise coursed from the touch of my finger, both on the song and n the recorded noise..

do you think that i can make the effect just plugging a cable in my amp (set to max distortion) and touching the tip of the jack? then i think that i'd cut before and after the noise coursed from the touch of my finger, both on the song and n the recorded noise..

Definitely. However, I'd advice you not to set the distortion at maximum, at least right from the start... the crackling noises are nasty even without distortion.

Yeah, or a coin or something metallic.. you could just record a minute or two, trying out different things at different distortion settings.. :)