Brooks!

What kind of question is that? I'll be playin guitar till the day I die ;)

Been playing gigs with Down Factor around the Bay Area (theres a show this Saturday at iMusicast in Oakland if you live in the area) lately, writing new music with them, and working on my own stuff.... who knows where that'll go.

I tell ya, it sometimes sucks to be a music junkie. Especially living by Amoeba Music, the largest independant music store on the planet. Want a CD? They have it. Every time I go in, I cant help but spend at least $60 or $70. My latest purchaces, new Vital Remains, new Misery index, Ozric Tentacles' Strangitude, Ohm's Ohm (Chris Poland's fusion band... amazing!), Behemoth's Chronizon box set, Carcass' Wake Up and Smell the Carcass, and Jeff Beck's Jeff. I haven't even listened to it all yet :D!

Pyrus said:
Man, I live like three blocks from Amoeba. It's fucking HELL...so much to buy, so little money. Except whenever I make up my mind to purchase X album, no matter what, they don't have it.
That, or its like $16, and its much cheaper to buy at Best Buy or Rasputin (with the discount card!). Ameoba's great for rare or used CD's, more "mainstream" and available new CD's are expensive.

I still think the Ameoba in SF is better than the Rasputin in SF, but the Rasputin in Berkeley is way better than the Amoeba in Berkeley.