Bruce Dickinson flys with the Ice Pilots

Traxan

Mar 10, 2012
I'd rather see him in Flying Wild Alaska with that airhead Ariel Tweto. That would be amusing.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/ente...+Bruce+Dickinson+flys+with/7002380/story.html

When Bruce Dickinson isn’t on stage with Iron Maiden, the metal legend is an avid pilot. He used to fly with Astraeus Airlines, hosted his own five-part TV series about aviation history, and just launched his own aircraft maintenance company in Cardiff, Wales.

Dickinson is now teaming up with one of Canada’s legends, Joe McBryan and the staff of Buffalo Airways, stars of History Television’s Ice Pilots NWT. The Iron Maiden frontman is getting a chance to fly one of Buffalo’s Second World War-era planes, the venerable DC-3, to Yellowknife. The Journal’s Sandra Sperounes and Fish Griwkowsky are tagging along for the ride and will file regular Twitter updates on the adventures. Follow along by looking for the #icemaiden hashtag.

Well there's not much ice up there these days, have to figure it was shot a while ago.

BTW, here's Bruce at the Boeing plant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool to see that vid made it to you tube. I work at Boeing and it was in the daily e-news, including the vid back on Monday. Unfortunately the company slaps "for internal use only", "All rights reserved", blah blah blah...all over it. So I can't copy/paste any of it. He did a visit back in 2004 (about the time of the start of the Ed Force One stuff). That one I think was just a tour of the facility. Both times were at the plants in Seattle, Washington area where the planes are made. No I don't work up there and I've never been there.