• Brave New World

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Yep, a poll. Pretty exciting, huh?

So, what do we all think is the album that features Bruce's best work? I don't mean a particular song, but the entire album that is his finest hour (say, if you think Hallowed Be Thy Name is his best performance then that doesn't necessarily mean NOTB features his best work... know what I mean?)?

Vote in the poll then. Go on.

This is possibly the hardest poll I have ever attempted to vote in. 'Accident Of Birth' and 'The Chemical Wedding' are two of my all time fav albums, and probably Bruce's best work as a writer, but his performances vocally on 'Somewhere In Time' and 'Number Of The Beast', and bits and pieces elsewhere are best. I think his vocals on the newer stuff is a return to form after 'Tattooed Millionaire', 'No Prayer For The Dying', 'Fear of the Dark', and 'Balls To Picasso'. I guess I will go with 'Accident of Birth', as it features his best written music and a good performance, but if you asked me another day, I would just as likely say TCW. :)

The Number Of The Beast. His voice was at its best on that one imo. It had great attitude and he wasn't oversinging yet (like SIT and SSOASS) but not too dirty like on the early '90s stuff.

And I prefer Maiden to Bruce's solo stuff. So The Number Of The Beast gets my vote :)

Piece Of Mind would be my 2nd choice :) It *just* got pipped by TNOTB simply for Children Of The Damned hehe. He sounds brilliant in that! Although... Piece Of Mind does have Revelations.... hmmmm.

For all in all best work (which I guess what this poll is about) I'd have to go CW by a dodgy song over AOB. By this I mean AOB has some better songs, than CW, but it's got a few clunkers that let it down.

For best singing (as in ability wise) it would be CW tied with BNW. For best singing (as in :headbang:) it would be some Samson album. Probably Head On.

So I guess CW it is then.

I have had 'The Chemical Wedding' for about 2 years now but I only really started listening to it today and its fucking brilliant!. I don't know why I haven't listened to it more.....

:p
I just can't decide. 'Chemical Wedding' is the best of his solo albums, and his best stuff with Maiden is the first three albums he did with them, but the best overall? I don't know. Might as well ask what Halford's best work is.

Just because I'm an expert, doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about.