Bruce: next Maiden tour to focus on "Powerslave" - "7th Son"

YESSS MY DREAAM TO COME TRUEE!!! ive always hated being born so late and never having a chance to see some of the classics. this one will rock, and PS-7th will OWN!!! ooooh man kick ass!!! aaahh!!!!

im so excited maidens my favorite. damn man im going already.

No-Mercy said:
YESSS MY DREAAM TO COME TRUEE!!! ive always hated being born so late and never having a chance to see some of the classics. this one will rock, and PS-7th will OWN!!! ooooh man kick ass!!! aaahh!!!!

im so excited maidens my favorite. damn man im going already.

I wish I could 'transport' you back in time, to when Maiden literally RULED the metal world.

Let's put it like this:
when I was in high school (1985-1989), Maiden were at the top. Literally, the majority of kids in my school were into Maiden (and most metal). Everyone wore Maiden shirts to school (underneath our Catholic school uniforms that is)!

When Live After Death was released, it wasn't "just another album". It was a f*cking event. Holding that double-album was like holding the Holy Grail. They were larger than life.

Bruce was our hero....we aspired to be like him. In every way. (we were 14-15 years old)

January 1985: Radio City Music Hall, NYC.
Accept opening up for Maiden on the "World Slavery Tour"....it was a magical time! (That, or I'm simply romanticizing my youth!)

to clarify^^^

Queensryche opened for Maiden at Radio City. They were scheduled to play 7 nights, but Maiden was ill, and cancelled the last 2. I'm pretty sure it's because they went from Buffalo to Rio to Hartford within a week during the middle of January. LOL.

Accept opened for Maiden on the second US leg and on 5/24 played the Nassau Coliseum.

This is very good news. I'm missing them this year, mainly because I don't feel like dealing with Ozzfest. I've seen them do most of the songs they're playing this tour, and it isn't worth it to me to see an hour long set.

Seeing them from 85 - 91 ruled. Totally larger than life.

We will finally hear Aces High live again!!!

Platinum Maze said:
to clarify^^^

Queensryche opened for Maiden at Radio City. They were scheduled to play 7 nights, but Maiden was ill, and cancelled the last 2. I'm pretty sure it's because they went from Buffalo to Rio to Hartford within a week during the middle of January. LOL.

Accept opened for Maiden on the second US leg and on 5/24 played the Nassau Coliseum.
!!!

They did cancel the last two shows, but Accept did open at Radio City....was there. Hard to mistake Udo for Geoff Tate!

First, don't get me wrong, I think this is VERY cool. I'm a Maiden fanatic. But, the negative news is that the next "tour," won't really be a tour. They have pretty much stated that they are gonna continue playing the summer festival circuit, a few dates in Europe, and very limited dates in North America. Ozzfest doesn't count in my book. On the dance of death tour they only played New York and L.A. I live in San Francisco and was pretty surprised they didn't come here.

Now, I ain't really bitchin' cause I've seen 'em a couple of times, and frankly I think that every single band has the right to tour however and whenever they wish. I'm just saying, if you live in Ohio and this tour sounds like your dream come true, well, don't get your hopes up. You'll probably be waiting for the next DVD like the rest of us.

All that said, Maiden owns.

ElectricWiz said:
First, don't get me wrong, I think this is VERY cool. I'm a Maiden fanatic. But, the negative news is that the next "tour," won't really be a tour. They have pretty much stated that they are gonna continue playing the summer festival circuit, a few dates in Europe, and very limited dates in North America. Ozzfest doesn't count in my book. On the dance of death tour they only played New York and L.A. I live in San Francisco and was pretty surprised they didn't come here.

Now, I ain't really bitchin' cause I've seen 'em a couple of times, and frankly I think that every single band has the right to tour however and whenever they wish. I'm just saying, if you live in Ohio and this tour sounds like your dream come true, well, don't get your hopes up. You'll probably be waiting for the next DVD like the rest of us.

All that said, Maiden owns.
Are you going to the Denver show August 9th? Thankfully I live in L.A. and have been fortunate enough to see them 3 times in 3 years and then some! :headbang: :headbang:

No, I would like to, but I've too many tickets for shows piled up as it is, some that require travel. Lined up in my future are Robert Plant, Sigur Ros, Dead Can Dance (3 shows), and I'm still debating Ozzfest since I live less than five miles from the venue (Mountain View, CA). Incidentally, I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area, so I can't really bitch. If worse came to worse I could come to L.A. I saw them two nights in a row on the Edward the Great tour, and had front row center the second night. It was awesome.
I'm also still debating the Sounds of the Underground tour (also in Mt. View), but I'm not so sure about that. Opeth is the only band I care about. OH, and Saxon is supposed to reschedule for fall. We'll see. Wow, I really went off on a tangent there.

ElectricWiz said:
and I'm still debating Ozzfest since I live less than five miles from the venue (Mountain View, CA)..

We are traveling for Ozzfest as well. No way I'm doing San Bernadino....so we'll be up there in Mt. View for that show! I lived in Santa Rosa for 13 years and so do miss the North Bay!!! I'll be seeing Dead Can Dance at the Greek Theatre, great night under the stars :p

kittybeast said:
We are traveling for Ozzfest as well. No way I'm doing San Bernadino....so we'll be up there in Mt. View for that show! I lived in Santa Rosa for 13 years and so do miss the North Bay!!! I'll be seeing Dead Can Dance at the Greek Theatre, great night under the stars :p

Cool! I'm seeing Dead Can Dance at the Paramount in Seattle, and ironically enough, the Paramount in Oakland two nights in a row. I don't know what Seattle's Paramount is like, but Oakland's is hands down my favorite bay area venue, of mid-size anyway. I saw The Mars Volta at the Greek recently and they owned. That's a good place to see a show.....the Berkeley one I mean. I imagine the L.A. Greek is pretty freaking nice as well though. Isn't that where the Black Crowes recorded that live album with Jimmy Page?

SoundMaster said:
They did cancel the last two shows, but Accept did open at Radio City....was there. Hard to mistake Udo for Geoff Tate!

Accept may have opened for them at Radio City, but not on the Powerslave tour. I was there too, January 17, 1985. It was Queensryche and I'm looking at my ticket stub right now. I vividly remember Accept being the opener at Nassau because I was pissed I couldn't go. Unless QR had to cancel on a certain night, and I never heard about it......I do believe you're mistaken. Was it the Piece of Mind tour?

Ya know what Ol JonnyFuckinD would like to see is a One night only Reunioun with Blaze Bayley! I know y'all thinks that Blasphemy But I would love to see the X-Factor album played live!!!! .... I know Blaze/Xfactor sucks so you dont have to tellme I know .... Regardless its MY favorite Maiden album and the one that got me INTO the band I'm Wierd I know :D

Platinum Maze said:
Accept may have opened for them at Radio City, but not on the Powerslave tour. I was there too, January 17, 1985. It was Queensryche and I'm looking at my ticket stub right now. I vividly remember Accept being the opener at Nassau because I was pissed I couldn't go. Unless QR had to cancel on a certain night, and I never heard about it......I do believe you're mistaken. Was it the Piece of Mind tour?

Accept did open for them the second time they came here to Chicago on the Powerslave tour. The first show had Twisted Sister open :headbang:

JonnyD said:
Ya know what Ol JonnyFuckinD would like to see is a One night only Reunioun with Blaze Bayley! I know y'all thinks that Blasphemy But I would love to see the X-Factor album played live!!!! .... I know Blaze/Xfactor sucks so you dont have to tellme I know .... Regardless its MY favorite Maiden album and the one that got me INTO the band I'm Wierd I know :D

If I were you I don't think I'd hold my breath waiting for that to happen... :Spin:

I take it you didn't see the X-Factor tour in 1995 when they had Fear Factory opening for them in the U.S. They played eight songs of the X-Factor and it was an awesome show.

The X-Factor is a good album, certainly not the piece of shit that everyone makes it out to be. Now Virtual 11 on the other hand...

Platinum Maze said:

I was at the Buffalo show you mentioned in your previous post. Twisted Sister was supposed to open for them but they cancelled on account of one of the band member's, the drummer I think, father was either sick or had died. I can't remember for certain, after all that's over 20 years ago. :loco:
The Buffalo based band Talas opened the show instead.

Walter_Langkowski said:
Hey Hawk, how you doin' man? Just working and trying to survive over in the U.S.

How are things in my favorite Euro country (okay, so it's the ONLY Euro country I've been to, but I still liked it! :Spin:)

Its ok here. No prominent politician or filmaker has be shot the last 8 months. Lets hope it stays that way :)