Maiden 2008

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
This is from an interview with Bruce over at MusicMirror.net.

On MAIDEN's future plans:

"2008 will be the big — probably the biggest — IRON MAIDEN festival tour that ever has been, and it will be the 'Powerslave' set. Whether or not we play all the same songs — because it will be the songs from the next four albums — but the actual stage set we're gonna rebuild, maybe even a bit bigger."

:OMG:

Looks like 2008 will be the year to catch them abroad. That sounds HUGE.

Blitzkrieg said:
Do you plan to be out and touring the world yourself around then? Would make for nice timing.

Yeah, we're hoping to get to Japan at least in 2007 but 2008, definitely more European touring and hopefully a chance to see Maiden again with their whole stage show. Seeing them in Holland last year was just mindblowing!

I was hoping to be in Europe again next year, but I was also planning on getting a job six months ago when I actually started looking, so I probably won't make it until 2008 now. At least I will have something to look forward to about that now.

Cool, maybe I can catch you guys playing in a basement with a crowd of 15 odd again. :p

ceydn said:
Oh man... so this is to coincide with the middle days (or whatever) DVD?

Man, that would include PS, SIT and SSOSS would it not?
Yeah, that is what Bruce means when he says it won't be the same setlist as the World Slavery Tour, as it will be songs from SIT and SSOASS as well, but it will be the same massive stage set, if not bigger! Wild!

I guess they have already planned touring for AMOLAD in the next year, then touring for the 'golden years' DVD in the following year.

I don't think I'll be able to afford to go back to England in 2008... but hey, if there's enough room on the credit card then I just might pop over.