Bruce singing Blaze stuff

phlogiston

Bejabbers!
Apr 13, 2001
Melbourne
Visit site
I'm a bit late on this I guess, but does anyone have any links/downloads/other of Bruce singing any Blaze era stuff. I know there's bits and bobs floating around (Lord of the Flies on Death on the Road for example), but what else is out there?

Has he sung "Two Worlds Collide" or any of the less "epic" Blaze stuff?

Ed Hunter Tour - Man on the Edge, Futureal, Clansman - You'll find live versions of the first two on The Wickerman Single B sides

Brave New World Tour - Sign of the Cross, Clansman, both on Rock in Rio

Also as you mentioned Lord of the Flies from Death on the Road, but pretty sure there is nothing else.

"Sign on the Cross" and "The Clansman", both on "From Fear to Eternity".

Sign of the Cross was supposedly written for Bruce and, I'm not entirely sure, I think he sung it once before leaving he band (might have been on the old VHS live show where they had the stupid magician doing studio routines between the songs).

I had heard mention of him doing more stuff off X Factor the last few years but nothing seems to have turned up on youtube or any recordings.
Personally, I'd love to hear him do Edge of Darkness.

Ooh, late to this thread.

Bruce sang the following Blaze tracks:

Sign of the Cross
Lord of the Flies
Man on the Edge
Futureal
The Clansman

Sign and Clansman are on Rock in Rio, Lord of the Flies on Death on the Road and Man on the Edge and Futureal on b-sides and (I think) Best of the B-Sides on Eddie's Archives. You can also get Sign, Clansman and Man on the Edge live on "From Fear to Eternity".

Pretty sure that's all.

As far as I know Bruce never sang Sign of the Cross before he left the band. It was definitely never on an official Maiden release.

Except for The Clansman, I am not a big fan of Bruce singing the Blaze stuff. Don't get me wrong Bruce is still my fav vocalist no matter what style of music, he is fucking immense as a vocalist, and as a stage presence.

But the stuff Steve and the boys wrote while Blaze was in the band, in my opinion, by far suits Blaze's voice better, and I like it that way.

But the stuff Steve and the boys wrote while Blaze was in the band, in my opinion, by far suits Blaze's voice better, and I like it that way.

Anyone heard the acoustic cover of Sign of the Cross on his acoustic album with Thomas Zwijsen yet?

He was a pretty bad fit for Maiden but hearing him in an acoustic setting with songs that suit his voice really highlights what a great vocalist he is with the right context/music.

Sorry, Bruce singing Sign of the Cross is simple awesome shits all over Blaze, so much more emotion...!

nuff said...

Here's a thought - The Clansman is the best Iron Maiden song in 15 years.
Discuss.

but i really rate the reunion era stuff.

I don't, and I'd really like to.

I recently listened to every album from start to finish over a period a week or so. It was awesome - even Virtual XI!.

It wasn't until I was halfway through Brave New World that things seems to become a bore (with a few standout exceptions).
Final Frontier was almost unlistenable. :(

When I got to the 'To Eternity' best of thing, and heard Bruce sing The Clansman that my epiphany was clear. The Clansman is the best song Maiden has written in 15 years.

I really enjoy The Final Frontier in total, unbroken, absolute greatness. But I do agree that as time has worn on the other 'reunion' stuff, while very strong, has tracks I like to skip