Bruce solo album

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Amidst IRON MAIDEN’s Dance Of Death world tour, frontman BRUCE DICKINSON has been secretly putting together material for the anxiously-awaited full-length followup to his highly-praised Chemical Wedding release (from 1998). Dickinson and guitarist/producer Roy Z have been working on a number of songs including a track that was meant for the much-hyped THREE TREMORS project (which also featured JUDAS PRIEST frontman ROB HALFORD and QUEENSRYCHE singer Geoff Tate). Dickinson says three songs total have been written and to expect the album in late 2004/early 2005.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Hey Blitzy, what Dio album was it that you and Sydo were saying was really good? Was it Strange Highways or Angry Machines?

Strange Highways IS a classic DIO album, one of my all time favourite albums and one of DIO's finest alongside Holy Diver and Heaven And Hell.

Angry Machines is DIO's worst album. It has it's moments, and is worth a listen if you see it cheap somewhere, but even comparing it to SH is criminal.

Ok, Strange Highways it is, im glad, its cheaper than Angry Machines is on amazon :)

:lol:

No, not at all. :lol:

Don't have any expectations when you listen to it because it is very different. It is very Sabbath influenced (very stonery, it is surprising the lack of rainbows :lol: ), but still DIO with big guitars etc. May take a few listens to get into, but give it a chance, it fucking rocks.

No. I meant that the sound on those two albms are alot different to the sound on Dios other albums. Only Dios voice is consistent. The music is alot like the Dehuminizer album he did with Sabbath. That album is a different sound than Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules. That is what I meant

I believe that is why I love Strange Highways so much, because I think it is material that Ronnie wrote for the follow up to Dehumanizer, but then gave it a DIO makeover with big guitars etc, so it sounds like an excellent mix of classic DIO and Sabbath. Some of it is pretty dark stuff, I can easily imagine the title track and Give Her The Gun, and some other stuff as Sabbath.

If you like Dehumanizer and you like other DIO, you should love it. :headbang: