Some good news!

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
IRON MAIDEN Singer To Begin Work On New Solo Album - Dec. 16, 2003

IRON MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson will get together with guitarist Roy Z in January/February 2004 for a songwriting session for a possible new Dickinson solo album, the singer revealed (Windows Media) during a Dec. 2 signing session aboard a specially chartered Dublin-London flight filled with MAIDEN fans. Dickinson's last solo album, "The Chemical Wedding", was released in 1998. A two-disc "best of" set followed in 2001.

Very very good :headbang:

But he will have to do something utterly brilliant to beat The Chemical Wedding :headbang:

I hope they don't use the same old tuned-down RoyZ sound, though... Not that it's bad, just that it's been copied so much since CW.

Here's some even better news:

EUROPE: New Album, Live Shows On The Way - Dec. 17, 2003

Reunited Swedish hard rockers EUROPE have posted the following message on their official web site:

"Hello everyone! We are currently writing new songs and it's beginning to sound really good, and we have found a producer we like. The new record will be recorded in the beginning of next year. Can't wait for you to hear it! We are just about to start booking our concerts, and looking very much forward to seeing you on tour next summer.

"In the New Year we will give you more info. Have a great holiday!"

EUROPE last performed together on New Year's Eve 1999 when they reunited to play two tracks ("Rock The Night" and "The Final Countdown") in Stockholm as part of a live television event that was sponsored by Sweden's biggest media company Kinnevik.

:headbang:

Whilst that might be good news, it isn't better than a new Brucey album. :headbang:

I like the sound they had on the 2 new tracks on the best of (Silver Wings and Broken), kind of a cross between Maiden and the Roy Z sound, which suited very well.

I think DoD is great, so if Bruce can top that, or come up with something just as good, I will be one happy fan. :headbang:

Broken and Silver Wings are bloody great, and if the new stuff can be anything like that I'll be more than happy.

Why can't Maiden get a specially chartered London-Australia flight? Bastards.