Bruce Solo - TM, BTP, SW

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
So I don't have the first 3 solo albums (Tattooed Millionare, Balls to Picasso or Skunkworks).

I have heard a few of the songs on Alive in Studio A and Scream for me Brazil.

Are they worth picking up? I've always heard that they are nowhere near the quality of AOB or CW so I never erally got around to giving them a chance, but Ive been in a Bruce mood lately.

What is the best one to get and what sort of music can I expect?

They're not really *metal* as such.

TM is kinda metal. Maiden Light.

BTP is has an interesting history. I belive that it was recorded once, then discarded because it wasn't "heavy" enough, so then it was rearranged and re-recorded. Sounds like it, too, but it's not bad. But it does have Tears Of A Dragon on it, which is worth the price alone.

Skunkworks is more experimental grunge metal, but it rocks and is probably the best album of the three.

First Bruce solo cd i got was Balls to Picasso and i really like it. If you are into Bruce's vocals and don't expect a similar cd to AOB or CW then you will enjoy them

They are all sort of their own album, and all good when you are in the mood for them.

Tattooed Millionaire is a fun album. Dive Dive Dive could have been written for Spinal Tap, as it's a bit humorous.

phloggy's right about Balls to Picasso. Tears of the Dragon is the highlight, but it's good. If you look around there are orchestral version s of the song on the net (and my hard drive :) )

Skunkworks reminds me of 7th sun, not for any particular style, just feels like a complete package.

Was planning on going to work and listening to Tyranny of Souls this morning...ended up preparing for a meeting and forgot about it.

If you're in a Bruce mood, try and find Discovery channel's "Flying Heavy Metal", or invade the BDBB (Screamforme)...we need a little more action over there, and not from moping teenagers expressing their angst.