Brutal Death Metal Recommendations

coolstorybro

New Metal Member
Nov 14, 2010
For the past 30 mins I have been trying to find new brutal death metal, but honestly there is nothing good I can find.

Every video I find on youtube is not brutal death metal. It's deathcore or half-assed death metal with pig squeals an inhaled vocals.

I pretty much listen to no metal from the past 5 years unless it's from old bands. Why? Because it sucks and is nothing special.

What I consider brutal or quality death metal.

This one my friend lent me the album. The music is okay but the low vocals are not that good.

Last edited by a moderator:
the first one was very good thanks. the vocals were so-so though.

the second one was also good, but I really dislike those vocals.

from the videos I have seen online, it seems the majority of the bands have that same vocal style. It really is not far off from shitty deathcore.

You'll probably love these then:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI2oPKDuX1I&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMDifC14ecM&feature=related[/ame]

So hmmm...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWmJv3n74Pc&feature=related[/ame]

And this album feels a bit lit early cannibal corpse to me.

the first one was very good thanks. the vocals were so-so though.

the second one was also good, but I really dislike those vocals.

from the videos I have seen online, it seems the majority of the bands have that same vocal style. It really is not far off from shitty deathcore.

Your an idiot then. The vocals are far different then deathcore. T_T. Just go to the Brutal Death/Slam thread, and you'll find a shit ton of recommendations.

I'm sure you've already checked it out, but Cryptopsy's first album, Blasphemy Made Flesh, is very good as well. The Necrophagist recommendation is solid -- you should check out the album Onset of Putrefaction. Wormed is also very good. That band is pretty much over the top with everything.

If you haven't looked at Devourment yet, check that out. I don't think anyone would really call it "technical" death metal, but it sure as fuck is brutal.

Also, Decapitated is amazing, and they're definitely brutal tech death. Their best album in my opinion is Winds Of Creation, though a lot of people will tell you Nihility is better.

Decrepit Birth have their moments as well, although I've only listened to the album Polarity. They're worth checking out.

I might recommend a couple things. More old school death metal
Angelsorpse, Autopsy, Immolation, Krisiun, Grotesqueuphoria, Deceased, Nunslaughter, and so on.

I might recommend a couple things. More old school death metal
Angelsorpse, Autopsy, Immolation, Krisiun, Grotesqueuphoria, Deceased, Nunslaughter, and so on.

Autopsy ??? Brutal death metal ??? your on crack i think.

As for recs:
Why not try Guttural Secrete - Vocals aren't always tip-top but music is excellent:

Or Devourment:

Totally forgot about this post.

I am looking through all of your recommendations right now... so thanks.

So far I can say I like Mortician. Those are the kind of vocals I like.

I have never heard the term "slam" so I don't know anything about that.

All the videos I looked at before this topic like I said sounded more like deathcore. Maybe I just don't know this "slam brutal death" well enough yet.

I don't like pig squeals. "bree bree" gets old fast. Doesn't matter if it is low or high vocals. Inhale vocals are also trash, anyone can do that. Also the terrible deathcore "rah rah" vocals blow.

Random list of vocalists I enjoy.

paul from assuck
chris reifert
chris barnes pre-1998
karl from boltthrower
lord worm
chuck
benton - first three albums only.
jon from dissection.
craig pillard
lee dorian
john tardy
frank mullen
kam lee is ok
oscar garcia

etc.

Not all of those are brutal, but they are good. If you haven't heard of any of them check them out.

Maybe that gives you an idea if the vocals I like. I am very picky. If the vocalist sucks, I have no interest. Vocals make it brutal too, not just the music.

That stuff isnt brutal death metal goddammit.
Also if you are talking about my original post? Cannibal Corpse isn't brutal, but that was just an example of what I like. Barnes had good vocals back then.

Cryptopsy on the other hand is brutal. At least the first two albums. First album is more deathgrind, but None So Vile is technical brutal death metal for sure. Third album isn't brutal, it's good, besides the terrible vocals.

Also Dying Fetus has grown on me. The vocals are not bad, the music is great though. The first 3 albums are fantastic.

Cephalic Impurity album is great. They have another one I am going to check out.

Defeated Sanity grew on me. Still don't like the squeal vocals. That album is really muddy though.

Check out Aurora dude. It's on to some totally new technical death metal shit. We're only a few fans away from releasing our album, so if you have facebook, click the like button for us. I guarantee it's worth your time.

www.facebook.com/aurorametal

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAvKeuRXotk&feature=related[/ame]

The last one may not be the most bruatl shit ever, but it's good netherless