Brutal/Slam Death Metal

You'll never guess it, but I just happen to like both Poppy Seed Grinderand Alienation Mental. 'Heavy groovy brutal deathgrind' is a fair enough description to garner my attention.

1121455116_m.jpg

Brian Mohler (Artery Eruption) is re-recording all the Ruthless Beatings material as a one-man band. Brian was one of three founding members of the band along with legendary vocalist Wayne Knupp & Alexander Gosselin. This material has yet to see the light of day with the passing of Knupp in 2007 before anything could be released. These songs will not be released under the band name Ruthless Beatings however, out of respect for Wayne Knupp.

"Now here's the best part: You will get to hear a song that Wayne actually wrote the music to. The majority of the guitar riffs to the song "Demoralized, Eaten, and Defecated" were written by him. I can tell you, when he got the demo cd I sent him of this track, he told me it was exactly how he had it in his head. I hope you're all as excited as I am to finally have this come to life!"
--Brian Mohler

1146d6d30.jpg

Artery Eruption's 3rd full-length Driving My Fist Through Her Chest comes out this fall on Sevared Records (And has already been sent to the press). This will be the first time the band has had the tracks professionally mastered. Brian Mohler (Guitar/Vocals) is confident with this release saying, "If we disappoint, you have my permission to give me a kick in between the legs with a good running start."

10e9d6d50.jpg

In sad news.. the new Vomitous mini-CD Surgical Abominations Of Disfigurement has been pushed back until December.
The mCD will consist of 4 tracks; two of which being: Deranged Entanglement Of Severed Heads & Intrauterine Decimation.
Both of these tracks have been released on the 2009 Promo. Available below with permission from the band.

Download MP3 @ 320KBPS CBR

Vomitous3resize.gif

Fuck, finally. Onward to Slam Minded!

EDIT: I like the term 'funeral slams'. Maybe like something Infinite Defilement or Awaiting the Autopsy would do with a little less 'core?

Funeral slam does sound nice. I imagine that would describe what i like most in slam. The slow brutal slams.
I actually made a vid with a few 30 second clips of some of my favs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Garsh... :oops:

Like In the first track or two of "Couldn't Tell The Bodies Apart"...it almost crosses from slam to core. I thought it was a deathcore album at first. Turns out it was actually amazing, but that was close.