Brutal/Slam Death Metal

All those are pretty solid, but Suppuration did sound a little thin honestly. New Carnivorous Voracity is going to be solid as fuck as well.

Just got the "Impregnation Through Pathogenic Agony" split... it's all pretty damn good, but the standout is Needle Contaminated Pork (aka 注射針混入豚), brutal one man Japanese weirdness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-0opuCQ_II

The production is loud and nasty as hell, a nice change from the slicker sounding stuff.

Just got the "Impregnation Through Pathogenic Agony" split... it's all pretty damn good, but the standout is Needle Contaminated Pork (aka 注射針混入豚), brutal one man Japanese weirdness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-0opuCQ_II

The production is loud and nasty as hell, a nice change from the slicker sounding stuff.

That's fucking dope man, I'm going to have to look into this :D

Super drunk so forgive me for the pleasantries, but I love that Malice and VVVVV have been keeping it alive for so long. I've been monitoring this thread for years. Really. Nice to see dedicated fans. Haven't posted much but my fav bands in this field are definitely SBPU, Intracranial Butchery, and Cemetery Rapist. :D

Cheers from Toronto.

Super drunk so forgive me for the pleasantries, but I love that Malice and VVVVV have been keeping it alive for so long. I've been monitoring this thread for years. Really. Nice to see dedicated fans. Haven't posted much but my fav bands in this field are definitely SBPU, Intracranial Butchery, and Cemetery Rapist. :D

Cheers from Toronto.

Thanks for the kind words bro! SBPU is currently working on a second full length. I tried to convince their guitarist Elliot to put out a Promo before the album so we can get a taste of whats to come. Lets hope it works! :D

Despondency is boring, not horrible.
Fuck off with the Despo cocksucking.

Forgot to reply to this post some five and a half years ago.

Feck off, Despondency's "God on Acid" is still right up there.

I'll make sure to return with some hyperbolic ramblings when their new record (yes, they're back) is out.

My Despondency collection. Can't wait to hear their new material with Alex on drums! :D

2580aqp.jpg

All I have so far is Revelation, killer collection Malice. I would be excited to hear anything with Alex on drums hahaha that dude is a fucking monster. Very pumped to hear what they do. Isn't Konstantin in that new project Revulsed with Jayson of Mortification? Or am I thinking of someone else? Because that looked pretty sick too.

All I have so far is Revelation, killer collection Malice. I would be excited to hear anything with Alex on drums hahaha that dude is a fucking monster. Very pumped to hear what they do. Isn't Konstantin in that new project Revulsed with Jayson of Mortification? Or am I thinking of someone else? Because that looked pretty sick too.

Yep, Konni is in that band too. Their cover art is amazing! Can't wait to hear what the music sounds like

https://www.facebook.com/RevulsedDM

It's leveled off. Wouldnt call it dying yet and non slam brutal death metal seems to be going much stronger with the rise of New Standard Elite.

How you guys see the Slam scene right now? Looks like is dying aint?

Long answer: I'd disagree, heard some good stuff recently, including but not limited to:

Craniotomy - Overgorged Flesh Flies Dying Slowly
Kraanium - Chronicles of Perversion
Myocardial Infarction - Cannibalistic Gore of Grotesque

+ great promos/demos/splits from Apoptosis Gutrectomy, Imbrued Blemishment, Cerebral Paralysis, Epicardiectomy, Needle Contaminated Pork, Embryectomy, Traumatomy....

The MI album is slightly hampered by the production (drums sound waaay over-compressed and worse than the version on the Splitting the Seeds of Brutality split), but all of the above contain lots of brutal slammage.

Indonesia also seems to be picking up some slack with stuff I've heard recently from bands like Cadavoracity, Criminology and Blasphemous. They're more of a mix of slamz & brutal death, but slamming nonetheless.

Short answer: No.

The gay slam trend is sort of dying out thankfully, but brutal death as a whole is picking up. I love slam, but the scene became monstrously oversaturated with shit level internet bands and people whose sole purpose for loving slam is to make memes. It seems as though that is slowly slacking off which is good.

However, I personally think that both slam and brutal death as musical genres are going stronger than ever. Weed out the shit and the strong will thrive.