Brutal/Slam Death Metal

Happens, especially on box sets/special editions.

And yet they took orders for it at the end of January. For a product that is now being delivered in March/April. It just seems like the possible downsides of offering these pre-orders (disgruntled baby customers, having to make facebook apologies) outweigh the benefits (getting customers $$$ a little bit earlier). I'm just genuinely curious why this is a thing.

On topic: Just got Defleshed and Gutted's s/t EP, it is fucking sick.

New Excoriation is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Playing in my car right now and I can't get enough of it.

Yeah, it's their only release. Only heard a few tracks from the new Sickening but I really liked what I heard.

Looking for some albums to check out.

Some shit I like.

Devourment(molesting the decapitated).
Gorgasm.
Lividity.
Vomit Remnants.
Soils of Fate.
Regurgitation.

Death_Delirium, check out these:

Heinous Killings
Inveracity
Sintury
Saprogenic
Beheaded
Brutus
Sick
(early) Carnivore Diprosopus, great MtD worship
Pyaemia
Incestuous (members of Gorgasm)
Cinerary
Liturgy
MP5K (related to Soils of Fate)

THIS. THIS is the most absolutely goddamn ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Called Encenathrakh, it features members of Krallice, Behold...the Arctopus, and Copromesis. Interested yet? You should be. It's like Wormed, cubed. Take the absolute non-stop extremity of Brodequin, spazziness of 7 H. Target, the inaccessibility of Enmity, the weirdness and technicality of something like Gigan, and the throbbing undercurrent of malevolent, mechanical life-like atmosphere of Portal and slop it all together. I know it sounds awful. And tbh it kind of is. But holy fuck is it unique, and if you can sit down and give it a hard listen, it's mind-blowing. It's basically the two farthest extremes of DM, the super blasty, constant snare BDM, and the dark, dissonant, technical strain shoved violently together. Any comparisons I make will fall short, but it makes Excoriation look like Manowar. And I do not say that lightly. There's no structure or momentum, and unless you're really trying, you'll have no idea what is happening. I've spun it about 15 times and I'm no closer to understanding it. But it's a monolithic exercise in extremity, and is completely abstract in its purpose and I love it.

https://encenathrakh.bandcamp.com/releases

THIS. THIS is the most absolutely goddamn ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Called Encenathrakh, it features members of Krallice, Behold...the Arctopus, and Copromesis. Interested yet? You should be. It's like Wormed, cubed. Take the absolute non-stop extremity of Brodequin, spazziness of 7 H. Target, the inaccessibility of Enmity, the weirdness and technicality of something like Gigan, and the throbbing undercurrent of malevolent, mechanical life-like atmosphere of Portal and slop it all together. I know it sounds awful. And tbh it kind of is. But holy fuck is it unique, and if you can sit down and give it a hard listen, it's mind-blowing. It's basically the two farthest extremes of DM, the super blasty, constant snare BDM, and the dark, dissonant, technical strain shoved violently together. Any comparisons I make will fall short, but it makes Excoriation look like Manowar. And I do not say that lightly. There's no structure or momentum, and unless you're really trying, you'll have no idea what is happening. I've spun it about 15 times and I'm no closer to understanding it. But it's a monolithic exercise in extremity, and is completely abstract in its purpose and I love it.

https://encenathrakh.bandcamp.com/releases

I dunno man, I get the feeling Encenathrakh is pretty much a joke project for these guys. It's entirely improvised, and the whole thing smells like trolling. It's good for what it is, but at least a band like Excoriation can actually WRITE a BDM song, instead of just making it up as they go along...

I also hate the idea that hipsters have now picked up on BDM as their new toy, they already pretty much wrecked black metal. But then I'm not much of a fan of the Colin Marston/Land of 1,000 Dances bands generally.

Disregarding all that negativity, it is an enjoyable album. The drummer is Weasel Walter (from The Flying Luttenbachers) and he turns in a ridiculous performance.

But yeah, Enmity eat these guys for breakfast.

Have you heard the album before? Anything special about the reissue that is worth buying, outside of the fact that its a kickass debut?