buckethead - colma

Colma is one of the best CDs I own. Elecitric Tears is similar, but with no drums. Both are SO emotional. You'll cry like a baby whilst listening to them. I guarantee.

GET COLMA ONE INCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have "Giant Robot" and "Monsters and Robots" but I got them both when I was like 12... I wasn't really old enough to "grasp" the whole idea, but I wish I could find them now to get another listen! Eh, oh well... I think I'll pick up this new one.

Marksveld said:
I have "Giant Robot" and "Monsters and Robots" but I got them both when I was like 12... I wasn't really old enough to "grasp" the whole idea, but I wish I could find them now to get another listen! Eh, oh well... I think I'll pick up this new one.

actually.. I think Colma was released between Giant Robot and Monsters and Robots, so its not so new

but when I get home this evening I can hook this thread up with some mp3 lovin'

Chromatose said:
actually.. I think Colma was released between Giant Robot and Monsters and Robots, so its not so new

but when I get home this evening I can hook this thread up with some mp3 lovin'

You're probably VERY right, good sir... I was just assuming afterall!

This thread made me go back and listen to my Buckethead albums again. Colma and especially Electric Tears are so godamn emotive, sublime, and straight up beeautiful.

Anyone hear Octave of The Holy Innocents with Buckethead, Michael Shrieve, and Jonas Hellborg???? I'm gonna try and get it today.

I think I've only heard Giant Robot. That's the one with the whole Godzilla narrative thing going on right? Yeah, very 'simple'. You can hear it once and never listen to it again, but it is intriguing enough to check out other Buckethead material....like Chinese Democracy. :loco:

JayKeeley said:
I think I've only heard Giant Robot. That's the one with the whole Godzilla narrative thing going on right? Yeah, very 'simple'. You can hear it once and never listen to it again, but it is intriguing enough to check out other Buckethead material....like Chinese Democracy. :loco:

haha :tickled:

Colma and Electric Tears are totally different and very introspective. Very emotive music, the way it should be.

Oh yeah, for sure. His reputation precedes him so I know there is more to check out. I just acknowledge that all things Buckethead do not end at Giant Robot. It's almost like an EP or something because there's just not very much to it.

All joking aside, I thought his brief appearance with GnR a couple of years back wasn't half bad at all. I mean, if you're going to replace Slash (and let's face it, Slash is phenomenal), you do need someone as freaky-cool as the bucket man.

Just a shame about Oral Sex. :loco: