Bulb - A song from The Rock Project

bulb

Jan 4, 2007
So i have undertaken a project which i should have completed by the end of the summer, and its basically just to write a more rock oriented and straightforward album with melody being the focus.

Anyways i wanted to share with you an instrumental version (the final versions of all the songs will have vocals by the guy who commissioned me) of one of the songs.
Its called "Legatta" and you can get it at
http://www.myspace.com/iambulb (the second song)
or
http://www.soundclick.com/bulb

enjoy!

Nice stuff!
That'll be completely sweet with some nice vocals on.
got myself an X3L but i'm nowhere close where you are...

If this was purely an instrumental I'd say beef up the guitars in the mids, but with vocals I can see you want that space open. Awesome song!

Sounds really cool. I prefer this way more then your regular weird Meshugga djenty stuff.

Production-wise i think this kind of production works great for your Meshugga-ish stuff, but more rock-ish stuff i'd use a different kind of production.

Sounds fucking sweet !!!! Just missing some high end on the guitars.

What kind of snare did you use, alot of tweeking? It sounds awesome!

milk & honey :) unfuckin'believable! no mathematics, no factorials, no integrals, no matrixs! sweet melodies and sweet sound forever! :) bulb! bulb! bulb!

is this for dreux's thing? he was telling me about doing something with you...

as far as the mix, sounds pretty awesome, guitars could be crispier sounding maybe, they seem to lack that upper midrange crunchiness. sounds like you had to use an eq cut in this range maybe to cut fizz? you should get a hotplate already and put all those sweet amp heads you have to use via impulses :p

milk & honey :) unfuckin'believable! no mathematics, no factorials, no integrals, no matrixs! sweet melodies and sweet sound forever! :) bulb! bulb! bulb!

Hahaha... I'd gotten so used to the crazy polyrhythms that it took me a while to notice that this song was in 7... not exactly a common meter, but a lot more "ordinary" than usual for him! :p

really love it) sounds soft and light. great harmonies
can you tell, what snare did you use in this clip? it's dfhs as I hear.

thanks so much dudes!
yeah sean, this is for dreux project!
i was using the dw snare in this clip!

sweet stuff, man!

I think the production is fitting... gives it an original touch over the rest of the rock-ish stuff, I dig!