Bulb/Periphery - Matt Halpern and Bulb Jamming! (Live Drums/Engl Invader)

bulb

Jan 4, 2007
Hey guys, Matt and I were over at our buddy Taylor Larson's studio, we got some good old fashioned miked guitar and drum sounds and decided to jam on some songs for fun.

We filmed a couple of the jams and here they are!

and

As far as the gear goes:
We used Taylor's Tama Starclassic Maple kick and toms and his Pearl Brass snare, and we miced up my Engl rig with this old 1x12 mesa cab and an sm57. All this was fed into Taylor's Trident console.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Those added tom fills in Totla Mad are SICK!

when do we get to hear the finished result? :D

Holy shit.. I was watching the 2nd video first, and it came in and I was about to complain saying the OHs were way too loud, and then the camera moved and the sound changed. That drum sound is from the fucking camera? You have an EXCELLENT drummer and kit and room, my god. He gets so into it, haha.

Holy fuck... please tell me you guys rerecorded with this guy for the album? That snare sounds goddamn PERFECT!

hehe tis a secret, BUT keep in mind in these vids we are just going thru the trident console, there are no effects other than the tridents channels + eq, it can sound SO much better!

Is Elliot Periphery's official documentarian, or just Jerome to your Morris Day?;)

morris-day.jpg

Amazing, you defenetly made the right choice when choosing him for your new drummer. he kicks ass!

i cannot get over how fucking good this guy is
fuck

bulb you made an amazing choice with this guy
ill take a guy that truly gets into it and plays slightly less interesting parts (not that his parts are boring or anything, just not as techy as orbins) over someone that's all 1's and 0's but zero passion.
this guy is fucking incredible
fuuuuuuu

aww thanks dudes! yeah we are so happy with matt, we were bummed out about orbo leaving at first, but now i almost feel guilty about how stoked we are about matt, it was like getting a free drummer upgrade!

haha elliot is somewhere in between i would say, but most importantly he is my best good buddy!

Yeah, Travis was a great drummer... BUT, Matt plays very expressively and very tightly. I think they are both masters of their trade (but I think Matt does it better).