ENGL INVADER 100 TEST CLIP! by bulb

bulb

Jan 4, 2007
hey guys, i have been getting a lot of requests for some clips of this amp so here ya go!
its really rough i know and the takes arent tight at all cuz i wasnt even planning on posting it, but i figured since it came out decent itll give you a sense of the amp on channel 3 (bright, higain) and 1 (bright), on the clean channel i have the gmajor taking care of the phaser and delay.
i miked it with this weird mike jake has which i think is either the predecessor or prototype to the sm57, it looks exactly like a 57 but has a silver casing and an on/off switch as well.
i didnt take much care with mic placement, i just put it in front of the speaker and went for it, plugging it straight into the firepod and going from there, so there is definitely a LOT of room for improvement, and there is no bass in this clip either cuz i figured you guys would want to hear the amp, but yeah enough talk here ya go:
SoundClick song info: First Engl Invader 100 Clip (no bass) by Bulb

its two tracks of guitar, never liked the way quad tracking sounds

and yeah its a really metallic sound, we call it "djent" its the way i need my tone to be haha!

Cool riffs for sure, but I'd say your ears are desiring a tone that many of us are not. Whether it be your recorded tones or your pod tones, you tend to go for a very bright, chingy sound to your guitars in which you have to compensate with heavy bass to fill out the low end (not the case here, naturally the bass isn't present). I'd say at least try a thicker tone, not so bright, and gel it with the bass guitar rather than having the guitars so bright and having the bass for sublows. You can certainly have djent without stinging upper-mids me thinks.

Not that there is anything wrong with this in any way, but I think your POD tone fits the style of music you're doing like a glove. I don't know how well your tone with the POD would translate to what I do but I think it's great.

could use a little more low end, but sounds really nice overall

that clean part is wicked as hell! i wish i could write good clean stuff like that