BULB'S NEW MIXTEST CLIP USING ENGL INVADER 100 AND DFHS

bulb

Jan 4, 2007
sup d00ds
i have been working on a new mix where im attempting to get everything to sound a bit more open and organic and have a bit more space in the mix etcetc
i used a section of my old clip "far out" as a tester (if any of you are familiar with that little ditty)
but yeah, guitar is the carvin holdsworth tuned to drop Bb thru the engl invader 100, drums are drumkit from hell superior, and bass is the schecter going thru the toneport.
here is the link:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=147108&songID=5883182 (soundclick and slightly better quality than myspace)
www.myspace.com/iambulb (for all you myspacers)

enjoy!

Yeah, the snare is a little too loud...and it sounds to me like the snare is hitting the compressor just a little bit too hard as well. I mean, you're obviously trying to get that desirable "smack" out of the snare, but there's a point where if you keep bringing down the threshold, the "smack" you do want becomes so sharp sounding that it no longer sounds like a snare drum...and to my ears you're getting slightly into that "wrong" area.
Awesome song, as always.

yeah i worked on the drum sound quite a bit and then i posted the "absolomb" clip on soundclick and myspace which i am MUCH happier with!