Bulb - Short Clip with my Blackmachine F8 (Axefx. S2.0)

the cleans are fat as shit, im feeling some mix muddiness and pumping feel, i don't thing it's the guitar, definately feeling that snare tho.

damn! i don't know what tuning that is but it sounds killer with that tone. more of a sound that a note / chord. i like how the riff just keeps getting lower.

i really think you do a great job with S2.0, if anyone could sell it to me, it would be you. i have it, and have yet to use it because it's so foreign to me, was it a really hard transition? I'm just curious as to the reason that you ended up sticking with it over DFHS, besides not having to use as many plug ins in your mixes, because i know that your using the dfhs samples with it now as well. Clip sounds great btw.

thanks so much guys!
the delay is just from nuendo delay in the daw, i always prefer post delay so you can control it after the fact.
sorry guys, im flattered you want to see the preset, but i have worked on it obsessively for so long that i really just cant give it out, but its all mixed in 2.0 which is kinda cool
slampop: i think the samples are a lot more detailed and fatter sounding, and you have way more resolution with the velocities so you get way less machine gunning. oh and this mix is actually not mixed with dfhs at all, just pure 2.0!

Nuendo Delay is fucking godly, I don't care what anyone says haha. that shit is good as fuck.
This sounds great bulb, the drums are a bit buried though IMO.

I dont get how your suppose to rate the tone when its like 1 note played over and over.

Not picking on you personally but it seems that 80% of the metal clips I hear are just some guy chomping down on his low string in repetitive fashion. There are other notes:loco:. I just listened to 4 clips online and everyone started with that juvenile repeat. The favorite from the Pop Metal crowd is the ever so childish "lowfi" intro and the Pop crowd uses the telephone eq trick. People have to realize that they just sound like pretenders when they do such things. I know it sounds harsh--but it has to be said. This repeating the same note in staggered pattern is so freakin lame that we all should take a pair of clippers and cut these peoples Low E string off so they can think outside of the box.

Im gonna throw a party when I dont hear a distorted rhythm come in and its not E, EE, E, EE, EEE, E, E , EE , E

sounds really good to me. agreed about drums being slightly low and things sounding slightly bassy.... but sounds really good overall.

to the guy above..... pop metal? thinking outside the box? I'm pretty sure most people here and elsewhere know Misha is very capable of thinking outside the box...

i think the samples are a lot more detailed and fatter sounding, and you have way more resolution with the velocities so you get way less machine gunning. oh and this mix is actually not mixed with dfhs at all, just pure 2.0!

gnarly dude, i'm gonna have to just bite the bullet and start experimenting with it. i have always thought the snares were choice anyway! :D

I dont get how your suppose to rate the tone when its like 1 note played over and over.

hahaha, yea dude, i'm gonna have to agree with JoshuaLogan's comment,
plus...everything always comes down to personal preference in the long run anyway, some people create tones just for the purpose of chomping that one note, and that's fine. :)

Not picking on you personally but it seems that 80% of the metal clips I hear are just some guy chomping down on his low string in repetitive fashion. There are other notes:loco:. I just listened to 4 clips online and everyone started with that juvenile repeat. The favorite from the Pop Metal crowd is the ever so childish "lowfi" intro and the Pop crowd uses the telephone eq trick. People have to realize that they just sound like pretenders when they do such things. I know it sounds harsh--but it has to be said. This repeating the same note in staggered pattern is so freakin lame that we all should take a pair of clippers and cut these peoples Low E string off so they can think outside of the box.

Im gonna throw a party when I dont hear a distorted rhythm come in and its not E, EE, E, EE, EEE, E, E , EE , E

hey dude i totally hear what you are saying and agree with you!
you might check some of the other songs on the page (like froggin bullfish or unleash the pwnies) for more "out of the box" stuff. but at the end of the day, i must admit that i also really enjoy the syncopated one note patterns as well, and since this is nothing more than a short clip and not a song, if it ever did become a song you can bet your ass there will be more than the simpler syncopated bits to it. this was just a short test i did because i was happy to find that i could finally get the bass to ring out nicely and somewhat musically in low F (an octave below the guitars) hence the focuson the low note.

anyone who thinks Bulb is all djent and hasn't heard his stuff. FAR from all low string repetition. check out Unleash The Pwnies! :kickass:

but, imo, the syncopated chug or djent (whatever you want to call it) is like a percussionist using a guitar. the notes aren't important. it's a rhythmic thing. whether it be lock step with the drums or syncopated or a different time signature all together. and it's tuned so low it's less about the actual notes and more how that extreme low tuning and certain intervals are interacting with the distortion / gain making interesting sounds.

it's the last 25sec or so of the clip that i like the most. the BBWWAAAOOOO! of the low F and the growl of the chords. i've listened to it @20 times so far! :lol:

you gotta flesh that one out (in all that free time you have...), Misha. :headbang:

Sounds awesome! yes, when people asked for the preset, as much as that'd be awesome, I respect what you do and almost would feel guilty if you passed that around. Tremendous job man. BUT, perhaps you'd share some info on what you did to the hi-hats. If not, don't worry about it.

btw this is random, but my favorite song you ever did was Icarus Lives with Jake's vocals. There's this chorus that is just AMAZING.

Once again, don't feel obligated to share any info, but I am curious as to what mics/pres you have been using on your stuff. I finally have a decent set of mics, but am not really sure what route to go as far as the preamp/mixer goes.

Also, have this old song of yours called Incide. Random instrumental, but I've been trying to achieve that sort of clean effect tone on the podxt for like 3 years. Stil can't figure it out.

Dude, you just critiqued the compositional nature of a one minute long test mix demonstrating the low-end of an 8-string guitar.