BULB/PERIPHERY - BRAND NEW DJENTY MELODIC PERIPHERY SONG WITH VOCALS!!

bulb

Jan 4, 2007
Hey guys!
We just finished up a brand new song for the Periphery album with vocals and everything!
Its called "Attempt Insertion" and you can hear it here:

http://www.myspace.com/periphery
or
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=147108&songID=7479062 (for you soundclickers)

Btw i used my brand new Blackmachine F8 on this track, with not 1 but 4 axefxs set up into my interface with dual amps on each for octuple tracking for each guitar take! I cant imagine going back to just a single axefx now!
Here is a pic of the setup (not everything is hooked up just yet there!)
CIMG3857.jpg

Enjoy!

One of the most djenty sounds I've heard from you, and as usual it's awesome! And man using 4 Axe FX is overkill, you must have the smallest penis:cool:

No but seriously it sounds awesome as hell I really like the playfullness in your songs. That's what it's all about!

MY DOG IS VERY NICE!
MY DOG IS VERY NICE!
MY DOG IS VERY NICE!
MY DOG IS VERY NICE!
MY DOG IS VERY NICE!

And so is this song :) Great shit Bulb!

And about the Axe FX... holy crap dude, 4 of 'em? o_O I'd be happy if I had a half AxeFX haha. And your guitar is REALLY messing with my brain! The way the bridge pickup is angled, and the way the frets are, really makes the guitar looks like it's twisted and warped in a strange way. Awesome picture :D

its a Blackmachine 8 string guitar and used to be amazing, but i unfortunately left it the car on a hot day for too long and everything got warped on it so now the frets are all angled and so are the pickups...what a mess!!

All jokes aside, I'm starting to like the whole autotune cher effect in certain situations. Seems like its actually starting to be used for a genuine artistic reason.

Anyone heard Woods by Bon Iver? Really ethereal sounding.

It's gonna get old fast so I'm enjoying it while it lasts, and the melody of the "my dog is very nice part" combined with the autotune and harmonies sounds legitimately awesome.

yeah, i didnt sleep.
fuck.