NEW PERIPHERY/BULB SONG FROM THE UPCOMING PERIPHERY EP!! (Podxt, Dfhs, Toneport)

bulb

Jan 4, 2007
Hey guys!

i uploaded one of the songs from the ep i am working on with my band Periphery up to the soundclick and the myspace for your listening pleasure!
This is most likely the last clip im going to post up for a while since im goin on vacation as of tomorrow until the end of may and i probably will not be able to record whilst in Mauritius (google it if you dont know where/what it is haha)

the song is a complete revamping and rerecording of "next, please" which is good cuz a lot has changed with the song and this version has vocals as well!
(you can find the lyrics on both pages too if you are interested hehe)

you can give it a listen at either of these places:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=147108&songID=5256292 (soundclick)
or
http://www.myspace.com/periphery (for all you myspace fans)

btw for the equipment used on this track: i used my Les Paul Gary Moore 6 stringer tuned to drop B for the dirty (a djentleman's 6) tracks and my newly acquired Schecter C-1 Classic for cleans (that duncan '59 sounds so awesome on the cleans!) For the bass its my Schecter Stiletto 5 stringer, and drums were Drumkit From Hell Superior as usual. The toneport was used as the mic pre for the vocals only and the podxt was used for the guitars and bass (bigbottom and jazz clean models).

anyways i gotta go visit the djentist now, so enjoy!

You are truly amazing man. Im curious, what is your method of recording with the PODxt? Do you use USB? Go straight from the outputs into your soundcard? I've been trying to get my PODxt to sound better for ages. While it sounds OK, I'm never happy with it. How are the guitars layered and how many rhythm tracks are there?

Would it be possible to get a template of your drums? (don't know if that's what it's called!?). I'm using the Sonor Of Metal with som modifikations... not as convincing as yours though... That drumssound you've got is a killer!!! Damn...