BULB/PERIPHERY-ICARUS LIVES COMPLETE WITH VOCALS AND NEW MIX! (Dfhs, Podxt, Toneport)

bulb

Jan 4, 2007
Hey guys!

We have been makin moves on this ep (and also trying to get a nice little 2 song teaser to burn onto cdrs and give out at shows and whatever) so we got icarus done with the new mix and with vocals (lyrics are up on the page as well)

Even though the mix has been revamped, its still good old DFHS and Podxt as usual.
I used my Petrucci 7 string and my Schecter 5 string bass for the parts and the Line 6 toneport with my AT4033 mic to record vocals.

So here is the link if you want to check it out:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=147108&songID=5022082

Enjoy!

hey thanks dudes!

woofy low end? i didnt pick up on that on any of my systems and neither did any of my friends with monitors, but now im a little concerned haha!
What were you listening thru? (im trying to get as much bass as possible without breaking the threshold if you know what i mean)

It sounds perfect. Just perfect.

What did you do to the vocals after they hit your DAW - how did you comp and eq those - and what other stuff did you do to them? Sounds pro! :kickass:

hey thanks man!
i just cut the bass a little and boosted the mids and hi mids then i compressed them for consistancy!

extremely punchy, can't ask for more attack.
say what did you use for the slightly overdriven/clean
guitars in "aural pleasure" ??

Hey guys!

We have been makin moves on this ep (and also trying to get a nice little 2 song teaser to burn onto cdrs and give out at shows and whatever) so we got icarus done with the new mix and with vocals (lyrics are up on the page as well)

Even though the mix has been revamped, its still good old DFHS and Podxt as usual.
I used my Petrucci 7 string and my Schecter 5 string bass for the parts and the Line 6 toneport with my AT4033 mic to record vocals.

So here is the link if you want to check it out:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=147108&songID=5022082

Enjoy!

Mate this is right up my alley, i'm blown away literally. Please tell me your selling this, I would def be intrested in buying a copy. Nice one my son! :headbang:

As well mate, would it be possible to get your Line 6 toneport patches for the guitars and bass? (Bass at least, cos I'm struggerling with gettin a decent tone out of it).

Sounds real fucking nice dude:headbang: WOW!!!

Yea i think i need to get dfhs and start using it cause im blown away by these drums and also the pod is just blowing me away with tones these dudes are pulling damn!!!!!!!!!!

As well mate, would it be possible to get your Line 6 toneport patches for the guitars and bass? (Bass at least, cos I'm struggerling with gettin a decent tone out of it).

first off thanks everyone!! i used to be so nervous that my mixes would get raped up here so i never posted haha, but thanks so much for the kind words and ill let you know when the ep is ready!

as far as the toneport, i only use it for vocals, i have my podxt patches for guitars and bass up for download on www.sevenstring.org in the patch library if you want to check those out! (you will need the metal shop and fx model packs to get it to work tho)

first off thanks everyone!! i used to be so nervous that my mixes would get raped up here so i never posted haha, but thanks so much for the kind words and ill let you know when the ep is ready!

as far as the toneport, i only use it for vocals, i have my podxt patches for guitars and bass up for download on www.sevenstring.org in the patch library if you want to check those out! (you will need the metal shop and fx model packs to get it to work tho)

Nice one mate, I have the metal pack So should be cool then.

I just tried to download them but they come out as an internet Explorer file instead? Unless this is a error in the site?

Sounds great man. Would you mind posting the toneport presets you used on the vocals or giving me a rough idea of what you used? I'm pretty new to recording and tried to use the toneport for the vocals on my band's last demo and the results weren't very good.

i just used the modern preamp and some compresssion it sounded great right off the bat, sorta just sat well right in the mix, i just added some in mix comp for consistancy and rolled off the bass and boosted the mids and hi mids with post eq.