NEW MELODIC AND HEAVY BULB/PERIPHERY SONG! (podxt, dfhs, carvin h2, new drum mix!)

bulb

Jan 4, 2007
Hey dudes,

So i know i should be working on the ep, but godamn how i hate rerecording songsand how i love creating something new, so i bring you this, its definitely very different, and its not really finished, this song when its done will contain "though" from the soundclick page when its complete, and although its on the tougher side technically (at least for me...) i am planning on making this a periphery song yay!

Anyways enough of my babbling, here ya go:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandID=147108 (first song on the list, called "insomnia"

or a direct link:
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5070411&q=hi

Now i havent really mixed it, cuz i have been tracking for so long that i dont know whats what anymore, so im just hoping that everything sounds decent enough, i guess i will find out tomorrow after work but please let me know if you guys hear any immediate issues on your monitors!!
I used the podxt for guitar and bass (but this time i went for a nice fat round bass sound cuz of the more "notey" riffs) And i used my Carvin H2 6 string (tuned to drop C) for the guitars and dfhs for the drums of course haha!

Enjoy!

This is awesome mate, you've done it again! :headbang:
Where does your ideas come from to make something so off the wall and out of the box?
I'm digging this a lot mate, can't really complain on the production in honesty, sounds great to me.

haha thanks a lot dudes!

sean: snare...too loud? i...i dont understand...? thats like saying my dick is too big! (ok maybe i am compensating for my size with my snare volume level...BUT AT LEAST I ADMIT IT!! haha)

(im not crazy your face are)

In parts it reminds me a bit of Sikth. Good all around :headbang:
Oh, awesome playing as well

Again I like it. A little more spaztic than the last and less mainstream sounding so fuck yeah.

That being said I did give your shit to the radio station (the icarus lives one) and asked that they anounce your myspace if they decide to play it (I don't have the final say unfortunatly). Just so everyone else that participated knows I also submitted your stuff also.

This is really awesome... the sound and the playing. Really like the snare... damn it sounds good. The guitars are very convincing.

This f..cking rules!! (Pardon my french!).

i just double track and pan hard left and hard right, if there are several guitar parts then i just do 2 tracks for each with the same rule, and sometimes there is a centered clean track with stereo delay.
i use the big bottom amp model for the guitars.

cool track!
the snare is ok
imho-guitars may be upper a bit
and maybe less a bit high freq's?

pure guitars reminds me even the sound of guitars in Diabolikal Masqurade
album Nightwork

one word-awesome:)

aww no dont be a hater NOO1oo!O! LPOL!!1

newbreed: which part are you referring to exactly and what do you mean by more depth (cuz i didnt use any synths or anything like that haha)

Your guitar playing sounds so cool. Definately the best I've heard on this forum. Eventhough I'm not generally the biggest fan of this kind of metal, i dig this 110%. You could propably pick up any piece of shitty guitar gear and make it sound good :-D. Really good songwriting/arrangement/production/mix too.

The sound is amazing dude!

I think adding some reverb to the snare and bringing up the bass drum a bit, it would be better ;)

Also the guitars sound too mid-scooped for my taste, but WTF, if you like them ike that...

Best wishes!