Bulb - New Short Clip from Juggernaut! (dfhs, podxt)

bulb

Jan 4, 2007
I just uploaded one of many new sections of Juggernaut that i have been working on lately. For those who dont know, Juggernaut is an epic song i have been working on for a little while now, and many of the clips i have posted on soundclick are actually sections of this song. This one is near the beggining of the song transitioning "inertia" to "unconditional".

Anyways here is the link:
http://www.myspace.com/periphery
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=147108&songID=5959161

Enjoy!

Very nice, from listening to some older stuff through to this newer stuff your sound has greatly improved, it has a more human feel to it and the foundations of the mix keep improving.

Are you using DFHS and a PodXT on this? (EDIT: you are, sorry, should read title)...if so i wish i knew how you do such a good job with it!?

:headbang:

Very nice, from listening to some older stuff through to this newer stuff your sound has greatly improved, it has a more human feel to it and the foundations of the mix keep improving.

Are you using DFHS and a PodXT on this? (EDIT: you are, sorry, should read title)...if so i wish i knew how you do such a good job with it!?

:headbang:

thanks a lot man, yeah im always unhappy with my latest mix and trying to revamp it, so i guess some good may come out of that eventually, the podxt is just something i have been working with for so long that it too has improved with time

Bulb, this sounds great. Cool music too. What processing do you do? Like limiter and compressor and whatever, Waves C4?
Makes me want to sell my amps and cabs and mics and get a pod xt.

Edit: What bass do you use?

Definitely some really wicked stuff on there. I am suprised I have never seen you guys perform in the area seeing as I live like 40 minutes away from Bethesda.

Bulb, this sounds great. Cool music too. What processing do you do? Like limiter and compressor and whatever, Waves C4?
Makes me want to sell my amps and cabs and mics and get a pod xt.

Edit: What bass do you use?

i dont really use too many plugins, was never a big fan of the c4, i mean i stick to the nuendo eqs and voxengo curve eq and i have been digging the waves ssl stuff lately. never got into limiters tho...

Definitely some really wicked stuff on there. I am suprised I have never seen you guys perform in the area seeing as I live like 40 minutes away from Bethesda.

we played at KC's music alley not too long ago, we only played a handful of shows in the norva scene, we usually play baltimore.

Hey man, love your music. And your mixing skills are great also.
I have a question for you: The song absolomb, the bass in the beginning and then the drums that come in, just awesome, everything is so clear.. What plugins do you use on the basstrack? And the separation between bass and kick is awesome. Could you give me some eq-tips? it seems that the kick has not much bass but still it has good impact. That is a huge problem for my mixes. If i have my bass as loud as yours in my mix it just buries the kick.

any help is realy appreciated.

On kick
2db boost @ 60hz narrow q
12db cut @ 250hz wide q
6db boost @ 4000hz
comp attack20ms, release50ms, treshold-25

on bass
6db cut on 60hz narrow q
4db boost @ 100hz
little boost @ 1khz
btw i'm not using a real bass, i'm using broomstick. drums are addictive drums
i'l send a test when i'm home