Bullet For My Valentine - Fever (Chris Lord Alge)

kev

Im guybrush threepwood
Jun 16, 2004
Bristol, United Kingdom
www.myspace.com
Just got a couple of the sample tracks sent to me on high quality mp3. It's released tomorrow and seems like a cracking mix going on, cant wait to pick up the disc. Sounds like the 5150 has had another outting here. Gotta dig the bullet fiddy tones :kickass:

lord alge doing this one eh? does this mean bullet are legitimately pop classified as pop rock now or what? :lol:

Yeah I heard this the other day, didn't like the mix myself, but I never liked bullets sound overall, so it may be the content and not the mix that is ruining theix for me lol

I have to say i have liked the previous bullet albums *ducks for cover* especially the last one - Scream, Aim, Fire.

Im not so sure about the new one though. Production is great as with all their other cds (in fact it doesnt sound much different from the others) but the songs are definitely less metal than the other cds and more poppy.

It has its moments though - the opening 1:30 of the the first song Your Betrayal had me grinning from ear to ear and then the vocals kicked in and i went wtf ? :lol:

The last fight (or whatever the 3rd song is called - even though its one of the radio friendly numbers its just too damn catchy :lol:), Begging for Mercy, and bits and pieces of other songs like on Dignity are great but its definitely a step towards more radio friendly stuff which left me a little disppointed. The album is based more on catch poppy vocal melodies than big pounding guitar riffs and some of the lyrics are just :oops:

The one area that is improved is the solos though. There are some nice leads by Padge in this one !

Overall, the teenage girls will love it and it will prob be their favourite album. The production again is great and makes me want to play my 5150 but the songs are a step back from the last album - still, it does have some great moments.