bullet for my valentine snare sample

marios.blythe

Jul 30, 2011
hello guys! i LOVE the sound of that snare:

can anyone guide me what snare is it and where i can find a sample or just what snare is? thanks alot!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you own SSD, go on the SSD forum and ask Slate how to recreate that snare sound. I haven't been on there in a long time, but he was doing just that for pretty much anyone who would ask when I was there regularly.

I have these snare samples as I was fortunate enough to work indirectly with Colin.

I can't post them or send them around, but essentially, you need to combine a piccolo snare with a fairly tone-filled, ringy snare. The original snare probably had a fair bit of low end thud to it.

I have these snare samples as I was fortunate enough to work indirectly with Colin.

I can't post them or send them around, but essentially, you need to combine a piccolo snare with a fairly tone-filled, ringy snare. The original snare probably had a fair bit of low end thud to it.

thats pretty cool :D is it a one shot sample or multi? can you record a drum sample like "this is the piccolo snare, this is the ringy snare, this is both together"

i love colins drumtones.
pretty similar in most of his mixes but super awesome i think :)
with slates samples i remember that blending snare15 with snare22 and a bit of snare17 got me in the ballpark a bit

Can you post any impressions or thoughts about this period that you worked indirectly with Colin? Did you pick up any cool techniques or notice anything unique in his workflow or mixing that you could share? I and many others around here are huge fans of his work.

In terms of the original snare, Colin almost always uses a Black Beauty. They have quite a specific midrange character that I feel like I'm hearing in that drum sound too, though I'm not sure Colin actually produced that record.