Bullet For My Valentine U.S. Tour

Just a quick second to Edge of Thorns comments. I too thought the band was AWESOME! They had some of the best live guitar tone I have heard in a long time. The guitar duo absolutely have their shit together. Great band and I expect them to be around for quite some time!

Just a quick second to Edge of Thorns comments. I too thought the band was AWESOME! They had some of the best live guitar tone I have heard in a long time. The guitar duo absolutely have their shit together. Great band and I expect them to be around for quite some time!

I agree that the guitar duo is quite impressive. Did you catch that the lead singer of Black Tide plays the majority of the guitar leads during their set? I was pretty impressed by that kid as well.

~Brian~

Honestly I think they're pretty terrible. They've went from an emo/metal tinged sound to trying more for a metal sound, but either way they don't sound good doing it. Some of the guitar sounds good on the new album, but overall its a load of poo.

Honestly I think they're pretty terrible. They've went from an emo/metal tinged sound to trying more for a metal sound, but either way they don't sound good doing it. Some of the guitar sounds good on the new album, but overall its a load of poo.

To each his own, but are you basing your opinion on the live show or the studio album?

~Brian~

To each his own, but are you basing your opinion on the live show or the studio album?

~Brian~

Basing it on multiple studio albums. I wouldn't pay to see these guys live (hell, I wouldn't even really want to see them for free). And do not tell me that "if only you gave them a chance live" or something along those lines. I'd give that chance to something that sounded like it had at least some chance live, but these guys do not.

Nothing special with this band at all (except most of their fanbase, and in that case I'd use 'special' differently. And no, I'm not talking about anyone here).

To me, this is another band that jumped on the emo/metal bandwagon a few years ago and I'm sure they plan on riding it out until it's no longer cool to do.

Yes, I know they are, but it's very much still present in their new recording. Honestly, it seems to me that on a few songs they shed off as much emo as they could to possibly gain more listeners that are into straight up metal. Either way, their "metal" tunes are pretty damn boring.

Basing it on multiple studio albums. I wouldn't pay to see these guys live (hell, I wouldn't even really want to see them for free). And do not tell me that "if only you gave them a chance live" or something along those lines. I'd give that chance to something that sounded like it had at least some chance live, but these guys do not.

Nothing special with this band at all (except most of their fanbase, and in that case I'd use 'special' differently. And no, I'm not talking about anyone here).

To me, this is another band that jumped on the emo/metal bandwagon a few years ago and I'm sure they plan on riding it out until it's no longer cool to do.

Mosquito, I'm not going to tell you to do anything. I was just curious what you were basing your opinion on. I personally like the band, but I don't expect everyone in the world to agree with my opinion (shrugs).

~Brian~

Metallica and Iron Maiden are two of their biggest influences... I commented about the harmony leads and licks having similarities with Iron Maiden's twin guitar work when I spoke with Tuck and his response was, " I'm glad someone hears that".

IMO, there is no other new, "mainstream" band that even comes close to these guy's leads. With that said, you agree with me about the band Anberlin as well. I think you and I are alone regarding BFMV and Anberlin dude. :lol:

~Brian~

Metallica and Iron Maiden are two of their biggest influences... I commented about the harmony leads and licks having similarities with Iron Maiden's twin guitar work when I spoke with Tuck and his response was, " I'm glad someone hears that".
The Poison features a lot of Maidenesque moments, for which I am very glad, as Maiden is my favorite band EVER!:worship:rock::kickass: