Bummed about not seeing Nevermore at PPUSA?

eaeolian said:
That would put you drinking with Evergrey. That's not good for your liver. I know from experience. :lol:

True dat.

I am still mulling this one over...I could make the trip out and see the show all in one day, but it is the 655 mile trip back that will be the problem...

AMBR said:
Seeing them in Vermont, go figure. Life is good. Leave PP for something new, IMO.

100% agree here. I've seem them twice by now... they are around "all the time".

Palabra de Dios said:
I wish I lived in Virginia. Case closed. I'd do it in a heartbeat, dude, seriously...:cry: :erk:

at least you're closer to Springfield, VA than I am. I'm just west of Atlanta, Ga. :erk:

But I am hoping to catch the Never-grey show when they travel through Jacksonville, Fla in late May. I have a metal bud who lives there and I can crash at his place. WooHoo! This year will mark the first ProgPower for that same friend.

:kickass:

TheWhisper said:
I'm working to make it happen. Actually, if I can make it happen, I'll be in town for the weekend to catch Spock's, as well.
Hey, that would be awesome! If it happens please contact Odin's Court about getting tickets to the Spock's Beard show. I/we would greatly appreciate all the support we can get!

It would also be cool to meet yet another PP Forum regular ;)

Rick Pierpont said:
Hey, that would be awesome! If it happens please contact Odin's Court about getting tickets to the Spock's Beard show. I/we would greatly appreciate all the support we can get!

It would also be cool to meet yet another PP Forum regular ;)
Actually, I would be coming with a friend, who knows Matt, and has already discussed it with him...should we be attending.:headbang:

eaeolian said:
Cool. I'll be there, too. :kickass:
Looks like the trip is a go...Pm sent re: tickets.

@Rick:
Just talked to my friend and he will contacting Matt about tickets to the Spock's show.

Looking forward to a great weekend and seeing both of your bands!:headbang:

OdinsCourt said:
You're in FL, so your friend must be Jimmie (Tampa)? Or is it Scottie (from Atlanta)? They are both coming as far as I know... :)
Jimmy told me last night that Scotty was driving up for the Spock's show.

Not sure if I'm willing to take the drive down from Connecticut, but I'd like to see this show. Also I heard that the Jaxx is a pitiful venue, so... lol

Who knows? =P

AngraRULES said:
Not sure if I'm willing to take the drive down from Connecticut, but I'd like to see this show. Also I heard that the Jaxx is a pitiful venue, so... lol

Who knows? =P

"Pitiful" is a bit harsh. It's not Earthlink, but it's not bad for a club. The sound and lights are fairly comparable to most other 500 capacity nightclubs I've been in. If you're expecting BB King's, you're not going to get it. If you're expecting CBGBs, well, it doesn't have nearly that "atmosphere", but it's in a lot better shape. :lol:

eaeolian said:
"Pitiful" is a bit harsh. It's not Earthlink, but it's not bad for a club. The sound and lights are fairly comparable to most other 500 capacity nightclubs I've been in. If you're expecting BB King's, you're not going to get it. If you're expecting CBGBs, well, it doesn't have nearly that "atmosphere", but it's in a lot better shape. :lol:

LOL, I wouldn't know, I've never been to Jaxx...However a few friends told me how bad it was... That the stage is barely 3ft from the floor... LOL

Well, I've never been to CBGB's either, but not planning to. BB King's is like my 2nd home, so... :lol:

AngraRULES said:
LOL, I wouldn't know, I've never been to Jaxx...However a few friends told me how bad it was... That the stage is barely 3ft from the floor... LOL

The stage is short. The room used to have a 6' stage. (It's a long story...) However, the sight lines are actually pretty good, even with the short stage.