Burden EP on iTunes (includes "Would?")

Ok, just got it from itunes and heard it...I love Alice in Chains and obviously Opeth too...my first impression is that it's ok, but I guess Layne Stayley is a VERY hard guy to cover/interpret,whatever you want to call it..and Mike's vocals don't seem to quite work here...just my view.

Take into account that just about everything I post about Opeth is positive!...this just doesn't quite work imo...it may grow on me.

I'd have to say it doesn't quite live up to the original. Not as raw as I would have hoped. But it is nonetheless very good. I think perhaps they could have chosen a better song? Layne is definitely a tough vocalist to match...

I like it more, I see like a more modern version of the song, mikael used notes that the original didn't had, the song now has good solos, etc
Still it's like weird to hear them doing this song.

I'm somewhat disappointed that they replaced the long chorus part after the solo (into the flood agaaaaiiinnnn, same old trip it was baaaaaaaaaack then), with a longer solo bit. Hearing Mike singing that would have been pretty awesome.