Bush says "The Greater of Two Evils" didn't need to be made

anomynous

Jun 12, 2011
Yes, clickbait title.

To just redo a bunch of stuff; I just don't see the point. I don't like it. As a musician… No, wait — as a fan, I don't like it. That's just me. [DEF] LEPPARD did the same thing, I think. That might have been for a different reason or something. Going back and trying to recreate what you did 25 years earlier in a different studio with a different mindset? Sometimes even different players? I just don't see the point?"

After he was confronted with the fact that he was involved in the making of "The Greater Of Two Evils", a collection of re-recorded older ANTHRAX tunes with Bush on vocals instead of Joey Belladonna, the singer said: "When I recorded 'The Greater Of Two Evils' — ironically enough — it wasn't too long there after that I left the band. In all honesty, knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have done it. The truth of the matter — when I sang those songs live, they were my muse and I gave them all the love I could and I enjoyed performing them. In retrospect, they didn't need to be re-recorded. I feel the same about I just said about recutting ARMORED SAINT — just with these songs, it was Joey Belladonna singing these songs. I sang those live. I was the singer in the band. I didn't need to recut them. I guess I'm telling people not to buy that record. [Laughs]"

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/jo...of-two-evils-album-didnt-need-to-be-recorded/

I feel the same way, live is one thing but I don't want rerecorded versions of songs that I love the way they are. Kinda like Star Wars getting rereleased with the added footage, the original should be left alone.

Originally I thought it was a cool idea,hell,any release from anthrax has to be greeted with open arms,I've never once listened to it right thru and I'm quite sure most people that did get it didn't really bother with it either

When [ARMORED SAINT] made 'March Of The Saint', records were made and sounded like that sounds. Could we have made a better-sounding record now? Of course we could have. Why would we do that? It doesn't matter.

Ehm.

Reactions: redfly
I also think it was a way of delivering another record for sanctuary

Scott said in his book that their manager had convinced Sanctuary to put this one out, even though it was in time the label was fucked and didn't put out records