buy POD xt live or save my money?

XxSicRokerxX

Gabriel R.
Nov 25, 2010
Orange County, CA
I remember years ago, when i was in highschool, one of my buddies bought a pod xt live and quickly became the coolest kid on the block since most of us were using distortion pedals.

Since then ive always wanted one but i think to myself will i ever use it?

I have a few combo amps but i mainly use lecto, nick crow, x50 w impulses for recording using my toneport ux2 interface.

I was wondering if it were even possible and if it would be better if i were to buy myself a POD xt live and plug in my Guitar> pod xt live> interface> and record that signal (whether distorted or clean) then use a cab impulse.

Basically i would be using the pod xt live as amp hardware emulation vs a vst plugin.

What are your thoughts? good idea? or am i going to be disappointed w the results and go back to lecto, x50, etc.

I think you'd go back to the freeware VSTs. I know I did...

POD xt live is great for live, but for home recording I don't see much of a benefit.

If the hardware doesn't offer anything that you're not getting already, you might not get much out of it unless you're specifically going for that Line 6 tone. Get one used so it will be cheaper (a bean will be even cheaper if you don't plan to use it outside of a recording environment), and so you'll be able to sell it off for about the same price if it doesn't do much for you.