POD and POD XT

The Rhone

Nov 8, 2006
Bromley, Kent
Hi,

I picked up an XT two days ago for cheap, I wanted it as it had the Metal Shop on it. I've spent the last two days with my original POD and the XT A/B'ing them.

Now I understand the XT is a tweak machine and have been doing so, and comparing them to my POD patches and my original POD sounds fuller and warmer by comparison, which is now making me doubt the XT.

I know a lot of you guys out there really rate this unit and swear by it, so if there is some magic I'm missing on here I'd love to know. I have literally spent hours on the Eq, changing cabs, noise gate and amp tone and it's driving me nut.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And we all know how desirable Michael Romeo's tone is :puke: Still, I've never played an old Pod, though it definitely seems like it'd be easier to get something good out of it (though not necessarily better than an XT once the tweaking rampage has commenced)

I've said it a million times, I don't like the XT at all. I've never heard a good XT sound that didn't involve extra processing with Curve EQ or something, or that didn't use a custom cabinet impulse. I much prefer the Pod 2.0.

I've said it a million times, I don't like the XT at all. I've never heard a good XT sound that didn't involve extra processing with Curve EQ or something, or that didn't use a custom cabinet impulse. I much prefer the Pod 2.0.

if you are using curve eq and impulses, you might aswell chuck out the pod xt($300) and dig up your old metal zone ($100)

the pod 2.0 is cool... for playing in your parents basement making tunes with cool edit pro and fruity loops, i own one and it gets used for scratch tracks, and so my guitarist can make up riffs at his apartment. i would possible reamp with it for adding girth to leads or something...

I did try one of these as was impressed, but the POD Pro won..But a good point well made.

Has anyone here already tried out the Pod X3? I'm thinking about switching from my V-Amp Pro to one of the Pods some time this year but I'm not sure yet which one is the best for me. The Pod X3 looks pretty interesting, but I don't know how it compares to the other ones in terms of metal tones.

let´s say the x3 is the same thing as the xt. As for metal tones amps the x3 comes fully loaded, but i´d say soniclly they´re the same thing..

of course the x3 as more options now......if i hadn´t a xt allready i´d buy a x3.

http://www.myspace.com/foundationrecording

this dude uses a pod xt and gets better tones then most on this board

its all in the user

and he has gone quite further than his basement
i believe this month he is recording "Woe of Tyrants" from Metalblade Records

i acted as a fill-in engineer for him a couple weeks ago tracking some guitar/bass while he was looking for new places to set up shop, and the tones that homeboy gets out of his xt are pretty ridiculous

more than that, the tone he coaxed out of some cheap-ass bass made me go :OMG:

and thinking of his basement makes me want to cry...thinking of all the times we jammed until our ears bled :cry: