Buying a new microphone *help needed*

The c3000b is a great mic.... I have two i use for o/h's and sometimes vox.

NT1A is aso really good i've only used it for vox but yeah good too.... has a great s:n...

Best thing as always man, try em both and trust your ears.... see how they react to eq etc.... BUT best vocal mic i've used for ages is an sm7... you could try pick a second hand one for similar money...

C.

I've got an NT1 (not the NT1A) and a C1. they sound almost identical on vocals except that the C1 has a bit more sibilance. on guitar cabs I prefer the NT1. Both are great values, although I can't speak directly to the NT1A, as I hear it's not as great as the NT1 supposedly. I don't think you'd be disappointed with either mic.

Carrier Flux said:
I've got an NT1 (not the NT1A) and a C1. they sound almost identical on vocals except that the C1 has a bit more sibilance. on guitar cabs I prefer the NT1. Both are great values, although I can't speak directly to the NT1A, as I hear it's not as great as the NT1 supposedly. I don't think you'd be disappointed with either mic.

Thanks man!:kickass:

Someone else?

The NT1-A is the only one of those I've used, and I really like it. Pretty smooth sound and impossibly low noise. I use it on guitar cabs quite a bit as well, although you can't crank the amp up too loud unless your mic pre has a pad on it (since the NT1-A doesn't have a pad). At $200, you really can't go wrong with that one. I think it's worth far more, and it won a bunch of awards and stuff from recording magazines when it came out.

the nt1a is a great mic for vox for sure. i use mine alot. in the $300.00 price range i would also check out both the mxl v6 and v69. they are supposed to be great mics. i havent ever read anything bad about them. i plan on checking those out real soon. also the audio technica 4040 shouldnt be overlooked either, great mic.