Microphone preamp?

wicked_s

Sep 19, 2004
I'm thinking of buying a microphone preamp to my "project studio". For the moment I'm using Alto Voice Preamp, and it sounds like shit... don't know why I bought it in the first place. I'm looking for something that sounds good and is easy to operate. I'll only use it to record vocals. Do you guys have any tips? :worship:

+1 for the FunkLogic RNP. It's a really good quality preamp that gets the job done. Very easy to use as well. You could combine that with the RNC, and have a nice setup for vocals, or acoustic guitars. For the record, RNP stands for Really Nice Preamp, and RNC means Really Nice Compressor.

~006

wicked_s said:
I'm thinking of buying a microphone preamp to my "project studio". For the moment I'm using Alto Voice Preamp, and it sounds like shit... don't know why I bought it in the first place. I'm looking for something that sounds good and is easy to operate. I'll only use it to record vocals. Do you guys have any tips? :worship:

How much do you want to spend?

Fredrik-Ablaze said:
Well Putta. Pasi will soon have his own kickasspreamp in the Ablaze studio... Just be patient ;)

Well Fritte. I'm looking for equipment to my own studio. It's always nice to own your own gear :headbang:

Studio Projects VTB1 is generally well-respected.
Rane MS-1b was recommended by James Murphy in post on this forum.

Thank you for your wicked answers. I'm thinking of buying the FMR RNP or the VTB1. I'm also considering the FMR RNC.