Buying preamp. 4 option inside help me choose

Hello again, just a little question before I order the E530. Has this preamp more gain than the ENGL screamer 50 combo??? Thats the amp i´m using right now .Thanks,
both of them have more than enough gain, if you are driving at that
The TriAxis would be worth the cash over the e530, IMO.
if he'd live in the USA I would agree with you, but mesa is fucking expensive in europe. it's like the othee way around with engl's in your stores.

I dunno, I always thought the Triaxis would be cool, but I've actually never really heard any good clips of it (don't anyone dare mention "Recreation Day," I hate that tone, especially compared to the awesomeness of "In Search..."), and Mike/006 posted a little while back that he and the owner of the studio he used to work at tried for ages to get a good tone out of one (including inviting over a bunch of Triaxis vets to tweak it) and nothing impressed them. Seems like it'd be better for a live environment because of all the switchability...

I have reviewed the specs of my ENGL screamer combo and the E530 and I started to think that the E530 is not giving me anything new over the screamer. Nowdays I´m using the loop send of the screamer to line input of my interface and I thought (correct me if I´m wrong) that the E530 would give me better and mor gained sound at the studio but not really sure now. ...maybe I´ll go for the JMP for new tone or for a solid state good stompbox for Rammstein tone, somenthing like that http://cgi.ebay.es/AMT-Electronics-DU-HAST-Distortion-Pedal-Brand-NEW_W0QQitemZ200261373580QQihZ010QQcategoryZ41416QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I´m a little bit :loco:

THanks for all your answers.

ss stomp box? for recording? better get a sansamp and dial in a rammstein sound there! if you are into the rammstein sound, I don't think a jmp would do you good. the use/used recirifiers imho. or maybe you should consider a peavey rockmaster if you want to get a preamp and widen you're amp compendium

ss stomp box? for recording? better get a sansamp and dial in a rammstein sound there! if you are into the rammstein sound, I don't think a jmp would do you good. the use/used recirifiers imho. or maybe you should consider a peavey rockmaster if you want to get a preamp and widen you're amp compendium

Thats what I like to do... get new options on tone. I´ll take a look at that peavy right now.

I like thet pre but I have to put an eye on ebay becouse is discontinued, I have found that but It has not great reviews.

http://cgi.ebay.es/PEAVEY-TRANTUBE-FEX-STEREO-GUITAR-PREAMP-EFFECTS_W0QQitemZ140273355061QQihZ004QQcategoryZ46666QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks,

just looking at your profile. we want to go on vacation to fuerteventura in december, good idea? or is it just bad weather?
this is as ot as it can get lol!!!!!

FUERTEVENTURA RULES dude, is usually to find good weather all the year but you have not 100% guaranteed the SUN on december. Where are you going?? South, north...If you decide to come I highly recommend you to go to "cofete" take a look http://www.panoramio.com/photo/87047 is like being in the end of the world, is hard to get because the road is very bad but it's worth the effort, I have been there this July and I´ll come back for sure.

Just a secret: go to Las Playitas (is a little fishermen town) to any rest near the port and do your self a big big favor, eat a any fish dish, maybe: vieja, sama roquera, cabrillas... with alittle red mojo... you´ll be happy I asure you.

Sorry for the offtopic but I love my islands :heh::heh::heh::heh:

Dude if you want the Rammstein sound then the SansAmp is the way to go. I even think that atleast one of the guitarists used/uses it, and it's a big part of the sound in their earlier albums.

The Unavoidable: yes, I saw an interview with their guitarist and he said that they use PSA1 "for attack" together with Mesa (Dual?) Rectifier for "meat" ("really slow amp")

The TriAxis would be worth the cash over the e530, IMO.

that depends on where you live, over here the triaxis can be had for a decent price...in europe they're ridiculously expensive tho and not nearly worth the dough

that being said i can't believe the e530 is going for $600 new now, i remember when they were $480 a few years ago...hell it wasn't that long ago i'd bought one on e bay for $350 shipped

And you didn't like it much if I remember right, Mike? It's gotten pretty popular around these parts recently, and I must admit I've really liked a lot of the clips I've heard (though also have thought many were too nasally/grainy, so it seems a difficult beast to dial in)

yeah nasally and grainy are exactly how i would describe it, i was running it thru the power section of my mark III and the results i got were ok i just wasn't really crazy about the thing...i honestly preferred the peavey rockmaster i tried over the e530

of the preamps listed by the OP tho, i'd probably get the jmp1 but i can't say how it holds up for recording direct