Buying secondhand waves bundles?

dale_a_smith

Jan 29, 2010
Hull, UK
any advice regarding this would be greatly appreciated. Are there any problems regarding license transfers.
I only ask, because I noticed on ebay a few waves bundles have sold really cheaply in the last few weeks ( ssl and api for £70 each ) but didn't want to get stuck with a license for something I can't use, no matter how cheap it is.

thanks in advance.

http://tinyurl.com/27v6jlt :p

The first result contains pretty much all information.
The seller has to pay (at least) $25 for the iLok transfer and $150 for the Waves ownership transfer.. also the plugins must have a full "waves update plan" license.
So I can't quite believe someone would sell it for 70 pounds.

Just email tony from pluginsdiscounts.com and I'm shure the price will be about as good as a used waves plugin.

thanks for that.. It seems like a nightmare way to get them, unless they're unregistered I guess.

The SSL and API bundles where auctions in the UK, which I didn't pay much attention to, thinking I couldn't afford them. When I saw the price they finished at I was gutted, but now I know whats involved, Its maybe not worth the hassle..

cheers

When i bought mine used the guy sent me his Ilok and just gave me his Ilok account info. I used for a year and then I transfered to my name when I had some extra cash. It cost me 150.00 to transfer and was not that much of a headache.

There is some stupid deals on Waves bundles though right now and I would just buy them new unless you find a used bundle for a killer price. Watch out cause 98% of the people selling waves bundles are just cracked bullshit bundles. Those guys selling the cracked stuff really got under my skin. I would flag any of them on craigslist and report them to Ebay every chance i got. I wish they could do something to those losers. Anyways good luck.

Yeah be careful when buying software on ebay. Back in the day I wanted to purchase a legit copy of Cubase SX 3. The auction stated that it was a real copy, not a cracked version, so I thought I was getting the real deal.

A few days later I got an envelope in the mail, opened it up, and it was a burned disk with a cracked copy of SX 3.

So watch out.