Buying stuff on Amazon

Winmar

Pillock of society
Apr 16, 2001
Canberra
I tried to buy a couple of CDs from America on Amazon earlier, but it said they wouldn't ship them to my address. Does anyone know why that would be? Stuff on there often seems to be cheaper than what's on eBay.

That's weird, I've bought plenty of DVDs and books from Amazon, I fail to see why they wouldn't ship you CDs.... Very strange. As a related note, I've found Amazon really expensive for CDs - make sure you look at the postage charges per CD and per order, it adds up. You could also try www.cdpacific.com , or if you're after metal cds, try www.theendrecords.com. Both pretty good prices, if they have what you're after.

I've never had a problem. Maybe you did something wrong, Winnie. Give me your login and credit card details and I'll give it a try.

Hmmm I'll have another look. Postage of CDs on there is $US4.49 or something like that. Still cheaper overall if I get something on there than eBay in some cases, even with postage taken into account. That's if I'm not misreading it....

Thanks for the links, Mekachrome...I'll have a look there too.

Yeah I did both and compared. It's often the postage from the US that's a killer with things over there. Then if they're on Australian eBay the starting price often seems to be higher. Not always, obviously...