Bye Bye Beautiful - video & 3rd singlefrom DPP

St Enigma

Sep 11, 2005
Bye Bye Beautiful - video got the world premiere last night in Finland and is playing on several TV channels already. Of course it was posted on Youtube too, and Jukka just said according to Nw.com webmaster Christian that the band doesn't have any objections if the Youtube link will be posted on messageboards, so here it is, have alook and ... yeah, get surprised :kickass: :heh: :zombie: :p

Bye Bye Beautiful video

hmm decent video.

not sure of the concept choice with a full band of women though...

perhaps to show that what made NW famous was having a good looking woman at the front of the stage?
weird...who knows.

Afaik, videos for Amaranth and Bye Bye Beautiful were both based on the original ideas and manuscripts by the director Antti Jokinen. There will be one more video filmed from a DPP-track, but nobody knows yet which one. Theyll be shooting it somewhere in Lapland within a couple of weeks, before the Amrican leg of the tour begins. The director will be Reijo "Stobe" Harju.

...what....the....hell.....

As it is, I'm not a fan of videos that spend the majority of the time (or any time really) on the band... I want to see the STORY of the song... like the OTH video, even the End of All Hope video had it's unique little story and by story I mean Buffy episode o.o

@_@

WHAT IS GOING ON!

It's a little silly, to be honest...

I expected more from them, but I guess Anette is doing a good job in turning them into a popier band....

I think she has ruined everything, I will never be able to look at them in the same way again...

It's not that I prefer Tarja, but I prefer what she stood for, what she represented, while Anette represents just an older woman who doesn't know how to dance, and has fallen into a wrong crowd when it is plain to see that her preferences are connected to plain, uninteresting music with no heart and no soul...

This scares me...one of the best bands, one of the most unique sounds, one of my favorite bands has fallen...because of another 'Britney Spears' look alike (she did look like her before she wanted to get into Nightwish)....

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Shedevil:

I doubt Annette ever did, or ever will, lip-sync and do a hiphop dance routine with a mic headset and bare midriff, with 12 hiphop dancers alongside her, and then get out of a car sans undies for all the world's cameras to snap a shot of the pink. :rolleyes:

This scares me...one of the best bands, one of the most unique sounds, one of my favorite bands has fallen...because of another 'Britney Spears' look alike

With all respect to your personal opinion about Anette's voice, but you can't actually seriously compare her to friggin' Britney Spears :erk:

As for the video, it let me down to be honest. The concept of an 'all female band version' of nw could be humourous I guess, but I personally didn't find it that funny. And I think if it doesn't amuse you, there isn't much more to the video. Still love the song though.

I doubt Annette ever did, or ever will, lip-sync and do a hiphop dance routine with a mic headset and bare midriff, with 12 hiphop dancers alongside her, and then get out of a car sans undies for all the world's cameras to snap a shot of the pink. :rolleyes:

Well I doubt it too, since she's almost 40 years old...

But, anyway, I didn't say she can't sing, I just said she does not represent METAL in the purest sense! :Smug:

She has no unique personality, she is plain Jane! And I just can't accept that..., although I know I'll have to, sooner rather than later....:cry:

But, anyway, I didn't say she can't sing, I just said she does not represent METAL in the purest sense! :Smug:

There are also a lot of people who say Tarja can't represent metal because operatic voices don't belong in the metal scene :Smug:

(just to be clear I do not agree with a statement like that)

There isn't just one type of voice that can be used to sing in a metal band or that can 'represent metal'. Cause if people would think like that, a band like Nightwish probably wouldn't have ever gotten this far.

Perhaps Anette doesn't have an utterly unique voice, but (for me personally) she can really communicate the content of the song, it doesn't sound plain or 'popier' to me.

There are also a lot of people who say Tarja can't represent metal because operatic voices don't belong in the metal scene :Smug:

(just to be clear I do not agree with a statement like that)

There isn't just one type of voice that can be used to sing in a metal band or that can 'represent metal'. Cause if people would think like that, a band like Nightwish probably wouldn't have ever gotten this far.

Perhaps Anette doesn't have an utterly unique voice, but (for me personally) she can really communicate the content of the song, it doesn't sound plain or 'popier' to me.

Well, let me ask you something.
Does she look like the kind of a woman that knows anything about metal at all?!

To me the answer is NO!

She sang pop a few months ago, so that's what I mean when I say that she doesn't represent METAL!
She knows nothing about the music she's supposed to be a part of! DAMN!o_O

Well, let me ask you something.
Does she look like the kind of a woman that knows anything about metal at all?!

To me the answer is NO!

She sang pop a few months ago, so that's what I mean when I say that she doesn't represent METAL!
She knows nothing about the music she's supposed to be a part of! DAMN!o_O

Well at least now I know what you meant with the 'representing metal' part, I thought you were talking solely about her voice or the way she looks, my mistake

I think I get what you're trying to say (but correct me if I'm wrong) with Anette having a 'pop-history' and not exactly giving the impression to know anything about metal. Though just having sung in popband for me doesn't mean she can't be just as devoted to singing metal.

I just wouldn't put her off already, I'm pretty confident the nightwish guys wouldn't have asked her to join the band if they thought she was just some popsinger who looks good but doesn't have anything to contribute to the band.

Just because she has a history in popmusic, doesn't mean she's not genuinly interested in metal and willing to learn more about this genre. Of course that's how I feel about it, it's something you can never know for sure.

It seems to me a person wouldn't really want to join a band if that person isn't excited and motivated to start with.

Sorry for going off-topic (again...), I'll shut up now :)

Well at least now I know what you meant with the 'representing metal' part, I thought you were talking solely about her voice or the way she looks, my mistake

I think I get what you're trying to say (but correct me if I'm wrong) with Anette having a 'pop-history' and not exactly giving the impression to know anything about metal. Though just having sung in popband for me doesn't mean she can't be just as devoted to singing metal.

I just wouldn't put her off already, I'm pretty confident the nightwish guys wouldn't have asked her to join the band if they thought she was just some popsinger who looks good but doesn't have anything to contribute to the band.

Just because she has a history in popmusic, doesn't mean she's not genuinely interested in metal and willing to learn more about this genre. Of course that's how I feel about it, it's something you can never know for sure.

It seems to me a person wouldn't really want to join a band if that person isn't excited and motivated to start with.

Sorry for going off-topic (again...), I'll shut up now :)

Well I don't think she has nothing to contribute to the band, and as I've always said; When Tuomas decides to do something it can NEVER be a bad thing!

So, I guess that Anette is not so bad, although she doesn't know anything about the history of the music that she is singing...

So, since you're apparently the expert on the history of metal... how much metal experience did Tarja have before Angels Fall First in order to stand for this "Metal" point of view that Annette seems to lack? Was Tarja up all night rocking out to Sepultura and Death Angel and Annette wasn't?