Bye Bye Beautiful - video & 3rd singlefrom DPP

So, since you're apparently the expert on the history of metal... how much metal experience did Tarja have before Angels Fall First in order to stand for this "Metal" point of view that Annette seems to lack? Was Tarja up all night rocking out to Sepultura and Death Angel and Annette wasn't?

Thank you! :worship: You made a valid point indeed.

And what does it matter that Anette sang in a popband? Is liking both pop AND metal a crime or something? Cause if someone were to say she can't "know the history of metal" just because she didn't sing metal before but she sang popmusic, well that's just...:erk:

Well, let me ask you something.
Does she look like the kind of a woman that knows anything about metal at all?!

To me the answer is NO!

She sang pop a few months ago, so that's what I mean when I say that she doesn't represent METAL!
She knows nothing about the music she's supposed to be a part of! DAMN!o_O

Oh boy, oh boy. I´m sorry folks. Hey, how much do you know
about metal ? How can you be so pathetic. I know it´s a bit off topic, but did you know that Black Sabbath started in Birmingham
playing Jazz and Blues?
Do you really know what metal is all about. It´s a real true feeling. This is nothing about personality.
Nope, it hits you. Straight to you heart and it´s not a matter of age. No problem for me if you think.
I dont like her way of singing and she
is not right for NW, but please..dont try to discuss anything about metal history.
And just to make this short. Try to find out how Tarja got into Metal. It´s quite fun to read that. :p

:lol: Well there ya go :D Seriously, give Anette some time...as Trog alluded to, Tarja didn't come from a metal background either and she managed alright ;)

Yeah.
I was never against Anette, but when I heard the things she used to sing (and not so long ago), I was utterly disappointed. But, as I said before, I truly trust Tuomas's judgment, and if he thinks that Anette is 'the one' I believe him! :worship:

Doro Pesch is the only female vocalist who represents metal (by the way..what does it mean "represent metal" ? ) , neither Tarja, Anette, Simone Simmons, sharon den Adel do.

Tarja didn't know anything about metal back then..still now, you can't really call her a metal chick. classical voice has nothing to do with metal.

She used to sing AOR, so? Music is at 360 degrees ..there's not only metal.
Tarja used to sing in church choirs before joining Nightwish..and was singing in classical concerts when she was with NW. Do you call these things metal?

edit: someone needs to at least inform her that its not metal to look at the camera all the time.
Umm... I think this is something for the director to decide. Very few musicians know much or anything about making videos, so better leave it to professionals.

---------------------------------------------------------

Also, I kind of pity those people who think metal is just an attitude for teenage rebellion and needs to be molded in a certain imaginary formula to be tr00 :rolleyes:

I'm old enough to know it's not. Let me tell you a secret. Metal is the most versatile form of modern music with a number of styles under the "metal" umbrella. Even the so called "core"- style played by less talented individuals (read: mostly incompetent) which represents more punk than anything is accepted as metal, which IMO show how wide the spectrum really is.

Metal is all about music and talent in making and performing it with a heart. Metal music affects and works with deep human emotions. The better metal players do not learn their skills in a carage only, but go to music schools and institutions and study the basics, theory and their instruments. Melodic metal cannot be composed and performed by someone who don't know his/her stuff and instrument thoroughly.

It is no accident that Finland, Sweden and Europe in general has produced so many well known metal bands playing especially melodic metal (death, power, symphonic, neoclassical etc.) because there is a network of government funded music schools and institutions in most countries where every talented kid can start studying music at an early age for a nominal fee.

Studying also goes with singers. Tarja has a university level degree in classical singing, but like her, numerous metal singers have a background of studying singing in higher institutions. Like Marco Hietala who has studied in a pop-jazz conservatory (he also teached there later) and Anette Olzon who has been studying at the Göteborg Ballet Academy and the Royal Music Conservatory in Copenhagen. She is not just a self educated girl from nowhere who got lucky in a lightning strike.

There are no rules about the singing style used in metal. Come to think about it, male vocals go all through the scale from falsetto singing through clean vocals to growling and to the extreme of traditional Udmurtian throat singing. The same with female voice: everything goes from Angela Gossow's and Matriarch's growls to several high pitched classical style ladies. No borders, see.

We as listeners or rather consumers of metal have our own preferences and individual opinions about what we like and what we don't. But - it is not our job to tell the bands what to do and how to sound, we can only vote with our money after the music is out there already.

that may be the worst song ive ever heard.

edit: someone needs to at least inform her that its not metal to look at the camera all the time.

lol are you serious? :rolleyes:
Plus..who cares about what is metal and what is not.

I agree with Enigma.

This is why I love you Engima, you can always back your sh*t up!
joy.gif

And *that's* metal.
horns.gif

Doro Pesch is the only female vocalist who represents metal (by the way..what does it mean "represent metal" ? ) , neither Tarja, Anette, Simone Simmons, sharon den Adel do.

Tarja didn't know anything about metal back then..still now, you can't really call her a metal chick. classical voice has nothing to do with metal.

She used to sing AOR, so? Music is at 360 degrees ..there's not only metal.
Tarja used to sing in church choirs before joining Nightwish..and was singing in classical concerts when she was with NW. Do you call these things metal?

No, I call them good taste... :lol:

But taste is not to be discussed, so I'll shut up now. :loco:

No, I call them good taste... :lol:

But taste is not to be discussed, so I'll shut up now. :loco:

You mean singing classical?

Did I say it wasn't good taste? ;) I just said it wasn't metal...I don't think good tast is always metal ;) . I listen to a lot of different things

ok let's shut up then :D, since we are also off topic

Cool :cool: Good to hear that Nw is getting at least some airtime on TV there. The BBB video may not be made according to the purest tr00 metal standards :p but rather tongue-in-cheek. It may well please wider amount of individuals who understand that while music is made for entertainment, all of it really doesn't have to be plastic tasting corporate s*it.

According to an article in a Finnish newspaper last weekend, Tuomas compared Nightwish's current popularity in North America to the time when Wishmaster was released in Europe in 2000. After WM they were booked to play at some big summer festivals which paved their way up to the mainstages a few years later.

Also, Tuomas seems to be very down to earth and think that after all the delays and missed opportunities after the release of Once, they have just only started working on gaining a name in the USA. They will return there in May 2008 as we know, and again in fall 2008 after the European summer festival season. Previously he revealed that a fourth leg in North America is planned for 2009...

Cool :cool: Good to hear that Nw is getting at least some airtime on TV there. The BBB video may not be made according to the purest tr00 metal standards :p but rather tongue-in-cheek. It may well please wider amount of individuals who understand that while music is made for entertainment, all of it really doesn't have to be plastic tasting corporate s*it.

According to an article in a Finnish newspaper last weekend, Tuomas compared Nightwish's current popularity in North America to the time when Wishmaster was released in Europe in 2000. After WM they were booked to play at some big summer festivals which paved their way up to the mainstages a few years later.

Also, Tuomas seems to be very down to earth and think that after all the delays and missed opportunities after the release of Once, they have just only started working on gaining a name in the USA. They will return there in May 2008 as we know, and again in fall 2008 after the European summer festival season. Previously he revealed that a fourth leg in North America is planned for 2009...

Good :)..Once again I just hope this popularity won't mean change their style to fit USA market because it would be lame for a band like Nightwish. I was already a bit worried with Cadence of Her Last Breath (which is the worst on DPP even if it's not bad song ) . Let's see what happens.
I hope Nightwish didn't hire Anette just because they wanted a "easier voice" to fit some standards ;) . I don't think so..even if some people say it.

BBB video is more tv friendly ;) . I think it will be haired more.