C-7 Hellraiser now in Black Cherry

LMFAO Rip off and ESP in the same sentence??? As if ESP wasn't founded upon the most unoriginal designs ever. I've never seen a company so un-innovative be so successful :p.

Great guitars, though.

The red is gorgeous in person.

I'm with DSS3 on ESP designs. Saying anyone ripped ESP off is just irony at its best.

What I love about the Black Cherry is that the binding is a lot more visible than on the Gloss Black. I do love my Hellraiser in gloss black, but I do wish they adorned it a bit more with that sexy marble binding.

DSS3 said:
LMFAO Rip off and ESP in the same sentence??? As if ESP wasn't founded upon the most unoriginal designs ever. I've never seen a company so un-innovative be so successful :p.

Great guitars, though.

The red is gorgeous in person.

Did I say anything about design? No.... I agree with you on that.... But the black cherry with that binding is a rip off.... But I didn't know that ESP owned Schecter so I guess it isn't a rip off. Whatever:Smug:

Moonlapse said:
What I love about the Black Cherry is that the binding is a lot more visible than on the Gloss Black. I do love my Hellraiser in gloss black, but I do wish they adorned it a bit more with that sexy marble binding.

I just wish they offered it with a floyd, or with binding on the neck.

That said, I'm seriously considering getting a BlackJack, having it routed for a floyd, and painted white.

I agree, although I suppose that's what the custom shop is there for. I suppose down in the future they'll have to offer a floyd model, since Loomis has started using one hasn't he? It can just be another addition to their artist series.

Moonlapse said:
The lack of extra string being the problem :)

I recently went back to my 6 string. It just felt wrong.. it felt too easy and not versatile enough. I think I've been converted for life.
i've always felt the opposite :loco:

Fucking sweet! I've always been in love with that color, ever since I saw Carcass live in their heartwork tour and bill steer used one Ibanez from that color, fucking sweetness!

I don't like the binding on those guitars or some of those ESP's. It's too bold and flashy for my liking. Makes me think of something they'd put on a kids toy, or maybe one of CC Deville's guitars...:p I prefer a little more traditional binding, like what you see on most Les Pauls.

http://p222.ezboard.com/fespguitarsmessageboardfrm16.showMessage?topicID=8.topic

"In response to the numerous inquiries and speculation on our forum regarding the relationship between ESP and Schecter Guitar Research, we feel it has become necessary to clarify the matter. Schecter Guitar Research is a wholly owned subsidiary of the ESP Company Limited of Japan, and was acquired in the early 1990' s. However, the two guitar companies operate as totally separate entities, in separate locations, with different management & personnel. Issues such as product design, quality control, customer service, marketing and pricing are decided independently."

Schecter is just in denial.